Little McCaffery's Status for Thursday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Already told the wife I don’t care what I have to pay we’re going to watch the game next year in Hilton. McCaffery family is going to be in hell. I don’t know if any tickets will actually be available though gonna be a hot commodity with that **** that punk pulled last night.
I don't think it was as bad as you're making out but he'll definitely be a marked man in Hilton. End game the poking at the ball by Shayok and Jacobson were a little bush league in my book. I think he's the type that thrives off that so I don't know if that will effect him.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I don't think it was as bad as you're making out but he'll definitely be a marked man in Hilton. End game the poking at the ball by Shayok and Jacobson were a little bush league in my book. I think he's the type that thrives off that so I don't know if that will effect him.

Yeah, I'm sure the elbows McCaffery was throwing around (in lieu of actually dribbling the basketball) was just fine and dandy in your book.

The McCaffery's are all horrible people

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: flander1649 and GTO

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

If you watch enough basketball you can tell the difference between a fake tough guy and a real tough guy. Connor is a fake tough guy. Loves to act tough, likes to think he's gritty, but if anything every broke out he'd be a million miles away.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Yeah, I'm sure the elbows McCaffery was throwing around (in lieu of actually dribbling the basketball) was just fine and dandy in your book.

The McCaffery's are all horrible people
Didn't see any "elbows flying around".....saw him push Shayok off. Understandable at that point in my book.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
If you watch enough basketball you can tell the difference between a fake tough guy and a real tough guy. Connor is a fake tough guy. Loves to act tough, likes to think he's gritty, but if anything every broke out he'd be a million miles away.
Not my take....he's exactly what this team needed. The way he handles the end game is great and a big improvement over last year. Takes care of the ball and gets to the line....did that in NY and last night.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Not my take....he's exactly what this team needed. The way he handles the end game is great and a big improvement over last year. Takes care of the ball and gets to the line....did that in NY and last night.

He is a very solid player. Iowa needs him to settle things down and he is great at bringing the ball up against pressure, which is something Iowa needs at the end of games.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

ThriceHawk

Mar 21, 2018
Already told the wife I don’t care what I have to pay we’re going to watch the game next year in Hilton. McCaffery family is going to be in hell. I don’t know if any tickets will actually be available though gonna be a hot commodity with that **** that punk pulled last night.

Lolol at McCaffery being the punk last night:rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

All of this has nothing to do with him being a fake tough guy. You can just tell a guy that would gladly jump in a fight and a guy that loves to run his mouth but would run away from a fight. It's not even necessarily a bad thing, but he's an instigator.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Not sure how you get that at all honestly. The guys that like to be the villain don't complain to the refs every time something bad happens
Uh...Aaron Craft was always ******** to the refs....pretty common for "villains"

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
All of this has nothing to do with him being a fake tough guy. You can just tell a guy that would gladly jump in a fight and a guy that loves to run his mouth but would run away from a fight. It's not even necessarily a bad thing, but he's an instigator.
tsIEeOK.gif

7FSlAjG.gif

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
...and apparently gets in players heads. Not a bad thing honestly.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Wow, that's an impressive level of delusion.

Then tell me where I'm wrong. Watch the dust up with Jacobson. Jacobson is starting to walk away and Connor steps in front of him. There's no disputing that. He wanted to get in a dust up, which is fine, but it is what it is.

As for the end, I can agree Shayok shouldn't have been swatting at the ball. But my god it's not like an assault was committed. There wasn't even a foul. Again, Connor was involved in escalating it.

I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. Getting under someone's skin is an art and an effective tool in basketball. But to pretend like he just somehow by chance wound up involved in these two dust ups and had no role in them is comical.