*** Official IOWA STATE VS #18 Iowa Game(Day) Thread ***

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Do you think Iowa cares more because they have more players actually from the state? Seriously, not talking sh*t. Would be hard to root for an entire roster (other than annoying Jacobsen now) from out of state. You've got to admit if half your team was from Iowa, you'd be more proud of their accomplishments.

No it is fun to cheer for a team that wins. I could care less where they come from.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Too much* seriously did you take English class from 4th to 10th grade? Anyways, you expected us to make the tournament last year? With our main PG out? And 4 brand new players? Are you trying to be serious right now??

He's a complete moron troll.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Do you think Iowa cares more because they have more players actually from the state? Seriously, not talking sh*t. Would be hard to root for an entire roster (other than annoying Jacobsen now) from out of state. You've got to admit if half your team was from Iowa, you'd be more proud of their accomplishments.

If half our team was from Iowa we wouldn't have 3 Big 12 tournament championships the past 5 years. Good to know which games are more important to you guys.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Hey.......anyone here with really good parquet tickets and just can't take life anymore because the coach and team lost to Iowa and don't want to show up Sunday......give them to me.

I know a guy in Webster City who has 3000+ acres you might want to talk to. Just don’t take advantage of him.

• Funny
Reactions: CycloneDaddy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yes.

It's not hard to root for a roster with players from out of state.

That's arrogant.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I just want to win. Iowa doesn't have the best players. I wish ISU had Wieskamp, but that's the only one that is from Iowa on Iowa's roster that I would want.

They can all be proud of their HUGE win tonight and go on to suck in the conference, and our guys will continue to improve like they do most years in order to peak for the time of season that actually matters.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
this thread sucks. Isu just got beat- couldn’t hit a 3 and got abused inside, destroyed on the boards.

THT lead the team without 6 boards- no one else had over 3. That plus shooting poorly you’ll lose every time.

Conditt has a bright future but 2 games in a row him entering before Lard is f’d up.

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Games like this show where the holes are in this team. If Cam gets going sooner things could have been different. If Young plays things could have been different. ISU had not answer for Cook most of the night. Young could have slowed him down.

hawkstate

Dec 10, 2015
If half our team was from Iowa we wouldn't have 3 Big 12 tournament championships the past 5 years. Good to know which games are more important to you guys.

Probably true but let's say you had Barnes and McDermott(player not idiot coach) and some other in-state talent and went to the Final Four. Not ONE OUNCE of extra satisfaction doing it with them versus out of state roster? None??? Don't believe it. Look how much the hometown/state boys like Fred are revered when they are successful.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
That sucked. Glass half full take: If everybody on this team didn't know how much Wigginton is needed, they do now. Also, with that shooting % THT ain't quite a one-and-done imo.. pro potential for sure tho

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
ISU season tickets have been sold out every year since 2011 and you are saying Iowa fans care more about their team? I don't think comparing fan support between ISU and Iowa will fare well for you..

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Games like this show where the holes are in this team. If Cam gets going sooner things could have been different. If Young plays things could have been different. ISU had not answer for Cook most of the night. Young could have slowed him down.
Cam’s got to be in the game to get going.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Lol

hawkstate

Dec 10, 2015
ISU season tickets have been sold out every year since 2011 and you are saying Iowa fans care more about their team? I don't think comparing fan support between ISU and Iowa will fare well for you..

Talking about the players and their intensity for this game. Iowa boys wanting to win this game. ISU definitely has better home court atmosphere.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I liked the gray kind of, but nothing else. The "Hawkeyes" on the back was stupid, and the HUGE tiger hawk on the front looked awful.

giphy.gif