Open Challenge. We will outdrink you at the Busch Bowl!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
They sell Busch Light in Texas normally, people just aren’t super into it.

Likely because it doesn’t have a Texas flag or lone star on the can. You could wrap a literal piece of **** in something that looks like the Texas flag and not only would Texans eat it, they’d tell you it was the best piece of **** known to man.

Funny you should mention that...
Busch_Texas.jpg

Everybody has a special "Texas" version of their packaging with a star or Texas outline (preferably both).

Cougfan99

Dec 2, 2018
Word is that San Antonio bars will consider Busch Light an import, since it is from the Midwest.
You and @Cougfan99 may not be aware of the 0-10-1 Walden-led campaign that was the 1994 Iowa State football season. What a debacle that was. Yes, we managed to TIE one game that year...

I guess we both can agree that we all deserve to be where we are right now. We have been to 4 bowls in a row for the 1st time in history, Walden went to one at WSU. I still remember when he left I was a freshman in HS, and my dad who was my coach and knew him through recruiting and just the coaching network thought he was crazy.

Oh dear lord I just realized we gave you Todd Sturdy as well, his offense looked like a monkey humping a football in year four.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I guess we both can agree that we all deserve to be where we are right now. We have been to 4 bowls in a row for the 1st time in history, Walden went to one at WSU. I still remember when he left I was a freshman in HS, and my dad who was my coach and knew him through recruiting and just the coaching network thought he was crazy.

Oh dear lord I just realized we gave you Todd Sturdy as well, his offense looked like a monkey humping a football in year four.

Thats just being mean to the monkey.

Cougfan99

Dec 2, 2018
He would still be a better coach now than Wulf was.

Wulff was a Coach?
4,000 Washington State fans trying to mount a final stand against an army of 30,000 Iowa State fans but failing miserably and meeting you drinking demise sounds just about right given we are in San Antonio.

I say the Cougs hold out way longer than Davey Crockett did, there is way more at stake than just Texas.

If this guy is there from the Sun Bowl I say he is the guy who makes the last stand at the beer line in the Alamo Dome :)

images

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
You and @Cougfan99 may not be aware of the 0-10-1 Walden-led campaign that was the 1994 Iowa State football season. What a debacle that was. Yes, we managed to TIE one game that year...

I vividly remember that the team belted out the fight song after the tie. Wasn't it the last game of the year? Very inspiring.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I vividly remember that the team belted out the fight song after the tie. Wasn't it the last game of the year? Very inspiring.
Actually the tie was in mid October against OSU.

The following year the opening game was against the only worse team in Div 1 (Ohio) who had gone 0-11. It was the doughnut bowl and Troy Davis' coming out party.