Open Challenge. We will outdrink you at the Busch Bowl!

Cougfan99

Dec 2, 2018
giphy.gif
Ames is a Metropolis compared to Pullman 9.8 square miles to Ames 24 square miles. Pullman invented the term nothing to do. :) There are seriously less than 10,000 people who are permanent residents. The whole county has 48,000 residents and over 20,000 are students.

When the uburan dictionary says this you know the town has a problem.

Pullman Water
Busch Light (the most popular beer in Pullman, Wa). Valued for it's cheap price as well as being so light on taste-it's actually comparable to water.

To be honest have not had Busch Light in years. Last time I did was i was like, "i used to drink this?" Then i realized in 1997 before the 30 bomb was invented it was 7.25 a case at Dismores.

If the damn plane tickets from the west coast were not so damn expensive, it is killing people. This is our biggest bowl game since the Rose Bowl in 2003. Every bowl game I have traveled to with WSU the Coug head quarters has run of of stuff. At the New Mexico Bowl in 2013 we drank all the Coors light as it was on special. At the 2001 Sun Bowl the team hotel ran our of beer the 1st day. If 10,000 Cougs somehow make it these two fan bases together might drink everything not nailed down in the entire city of San Antonio, except the Zima as there are lines we Cougs will never cross, that is Husky booze.

Last edited:

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Ames is a Metropolis compared to Pullman 9.8 square miles to Ames 24 square miles. Pullman invented the term nothing to do. :) There are seriously less than 10,000 people who are permanent residents. The whole county has 48,000 residents and over 20,000 are students.

When the uburan dictionary says this you know the town has a problem.

Pullman Water
Busch Light (the most popular beer in Pullman, Wa). Valued for it's cheap price as well as being so light on taste-it's actually comparable to water.

To be honest have not had Busch Light in years. Last time I did was i was like, "i used to drink this?" Then i realized in 1997 before the 30 bomb was invented it was 7.25 a case at Dismores.

If the damn plane tickets from the west coast were not so damn expensive, it is killing people. This is our biggest bowl game since the Rose Bowl in 2003. Every bowl game I have traveled to with WSU the Coug head quarters has run of of stuff. At the New Mexico Bowl in 2013 we drank all the Coors light as it was on special. At the 2001 Sun Bowl the team hotel ran our of beer the 1st day. If 10,000 Cougs somehow make it these two fan bases together might drink everything not nailed down in the entire city of San Antonio, except the Zima as there are lines we Cougs will never cross, that is Husky booze.
Flights are more expensive out of Des Moines. It's ridiculous. $1000 to fly somewhere in the continental US? Hard Pass. I'm just glad we could find a charter bus. ($300)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Ive heard the stories, and it sounds like the Cyclone fans like to put a few away. I’m here to tell you that the Cougs are coming and we will not be outdone. When it comes to drinking and internet polls we are undefeated. Some little Ag college in the middle of nowhere isnt going to beat our little Ag college in the middle of nowhere at what we do best. And let me introduce you to our secret weapon. His name is fireball. Go cougs!!!!
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
HE @Coug! YOU TELL YOU'RE LITTLE KITTY FRIENDS THAT CYCLONE NATION IS COMING AND WE'RE BRINGING HELL WITH US! (And by hell I mean out livers, which are pretty much in a constant hell.)

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and NWICY

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Flights are more expensive out of Des Moines. It's ridiculous. $1000 to fly somewhere in the continental US? Hard Pass. I'm just glad we could find a charter bus. ($300)

I'm sure this is causing some to go HOU or H Bush vs San Antonio. 3 hr drive. There were still $600 tix out of DSM to HOU on Southwest yesterday. Sure they are sold out now.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I'm sure this is causing some to go HOU or H Bush vs San Antonio. 3 hr drive. There were still $600 tix out of DSM to HOU on Southwest yesterday. Sure they are sold out now.

If you select flexible dates and flexible airport locations, you can still get tickets under $500. But it gets way more expensive the less flexible you can be.

upload_2018-12-5_17-6-28.png

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Anyone else remember at the Insite.com bowl in 2000 when we drank Leinenkugels Bar across the street from Bank On Ball park out of Beer? Yeah we actually drank a beer bar out of beer. I ended up drinking a Zima

Cougfan99

Dec 2, 2018
HE @Coug! YOU TELL YOU'RE LITTLE KITTY FRIENDS THAT CYCLONE NATION IS COMING AND WE'RE BRINGING HELL WITH US! (And by hell I mean out livers, which are pretty much in a constant hell.)

Just be glad your coach from 2008-2011 was not Paul Wulff there was not enough alcohol on planet earth to deal with that insanity, or a liver large enough to dilute it. We made the current Kansas program look like Ohio State.

Here some low lights from just the 2008 season.

Had 6 offensive lineman on scholarship, by end of season starting right tackle a 245lb freshman.
Gave up 71 sacks
Lost 2 QBs to back injuries in the same game vs FCS Portland state due to blind side sacks.
Gave up 53 points a game.
Shut out 5 times
Lost 3rd QB to blown out knee in Oregon State Game.
Had to have campus wide walk on try outs for a QB the week of the USC game.
We handed the ball off on every play against USC.
Lost USC game 69-0, they took a knee on our 2 yard line up 52-0 at halftime. It was called The Possum Bowl.
Only FBS win was vs UW who that year became the only team in history up until that time to go 0-12 and we had to win in Overtime.

The next 3 seasons we won 9 games and lost 40, from 2004-11 we were the worst FBS football program in America by wining the fewest games by a long shot, no one was close. If you don't think our fan base is going to shown up by others your crazy. :)

Cougfan99

Dec 2, 2018
It sounds like this has turned into less about who will win the game and more about who will empty out the most bars in San Antonio. This is a rivalry I could get behind.

You guy are are gonna love us. Our fans are fun as hell. This was apparently 2 days ago in the Student Union and Student Rec Center

• Funny
Reactions: tyler24 and NWICY