Stupid Alamo Bowl Memes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
{gently peaks head inside door, whispers to the group}
Its fun to talk about on here, but to lots of people down there, the Alamo is a very serious and sacred monument. Perhaps parading around flags and banners making it into a Busch Lite commercial wouldn't be the most well received. Anywho...
{leaves room}

I've talked to a few production companies in San Antonio about making Fiesta medals that use this image and no one has chaffed a bit about it.

Reactions: DarkStar and sadam

dxmonger

Dec 18, 2008
Yeah but, Cy is kinda like Willie Wildcat now in this picture due to having a human body. Don't know how I feel about that.

Nice work!

Maybe replace the coonskin hat with something more appropriate - and add Cy in a more appropriate position (Victory!). Does this help?

alamo6-jpg.60635

Attachments

• alamo6.jpg
    alamo6.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: Cyclone5234

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Nice work!

Maybe replace the coonskin hat with something more appropriate - and add Cy in a more appropriate position (Victory!). Does this help?

alamo6-jpg.60635

Yes, yes it does. Anything to not make Cy look like that train-wreck of a mascot in Willie Wildcat, the better.

Coug

Dec 4, 2018
I'm torn. I think this graphic is very cool and would love to make a poster out of it. However, is it bad mojo to have the Cyclone Nation flag on the Alamo where they lost?
I'm torn. I think this graphic is very cool and would love to make a poster out of it. However, is it bad mojo to have the Cyclone Nation flag on the Alamo where they lost?

We call dibs on being Mexico - The Cougs