Alamo tickets

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
So if you buy through StubHub, you get mobile tickets sent to your email address, and then the tickets are on your Android or iPhone with an email? This usually works fine? No issues with that ever?
This is how the MLB does a lot of their tickets now too. Like a previous poster said, screenshot for your fail safe.

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
We're just buying tickets off of Stub Hub, went to the last 2 bowl games in Memphis and family has been season ticket holders for 20+ and gold members but against Tulsa we were Corner of ISU endzone about 45 rows up and last year for 4 of us we were 2 rows from the top next to the press box. Almost could have reached the Fed Ex plane when it flew over. Had friends that decided late to go and bought tickets about 25 rows up on our side at the 30. May pay a little more but if were going to spend $2k plus for the trip might as well have good seats.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Is vivid seats legit? Never used anything but stubhub before.

Yes, Vivid is fine. I've bought tickets there all the time. You'll find tickets and prices to be the same.

Yep super legit, never had an issue with any of their tickets.

I don't agree that they are the same price as Stubhub. I find them usually much cheaper on Vivid and SeatGeek in my experience. Fees are about the same though

• Agree
Reactions: GoodyISU1

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Has anyone ever not gotten a ticket by going through the university before?

And if so, did you have a hard time finding tickets after finding that out. I put in for tickets through the university within an hour after finding out we were in the Alamo.

Have only had season football tickets for a few years, so not very high priority obviously.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Has anyone ever not gotten a ticket by going through the university before?

And if so, did you have a hard time finding tickets after finding that out. I put in for tickets through the university within an hour after finding out we were in the Alamo.

Have only had season football tickets for a few years, so not very high priority obviously.

Honestly, I'd just cancel those by Wednesday and go find on a 3rd party site.

I cancelled mine today and did it this way.

• Disagree
Reactions: Psyclone

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I have 8 tickets now... Only need three, but after finding out the first four I bought on ticketmaster are in the opposite corner I got some through Vivid. Hope this thing gets sold out so that somebody buys my section 308 tickets.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Just picked up 7 in section 138! Used a 10% off promo code (only good today, and only on the app) with StubHub and the total with fees was just under $1k.

Promo code was COLLEGEFOOTBALL10, came up automatically when I opened the app.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk and IASTATE07

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Allotment is 11,000 and we'll have 30,000+ in cardinal and gold in the stadium and flooding river walk. I wouldn't be too worried.
30,000+? Even at that wee won’t be at 50% off the stadium. Let’s shoot for a record and 65-70% Cyclones!

The Alamodome seats 65,000 for football. With temporary seating, a Valero Alamo Bowl record crowd of 66,166attended the 2007 Valero Alamo Bowl.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I have 8 tickets now... Only need three, but after finding out the first four I bought on ticketmaster are in the opposite corner I got some through Vivid. Hope this thing gets sold out so that somebody buys my section 308 tickets.
What a racket. I have sold two of my four tickets on Ticketmaster. Bought for $55 paid $11.50 in fees. Sold two of them for $70, which I get $63 each so I lose $3 each ticket. And the buyer surely is paying another $12 each. So if I'm doing the math right, my "$55" ticket is going to make tm $30 for each ticket. No wonder why they only allow e-tickets. Prevents me from printing and selling and they control every transaction.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
My donor level last year was $1500 and my Liberty Bowl tickets were not good. (row 70ish on about the 10 yard line) With these allotments and the number of tickets people further up the food chain can buy it's nearly impossible to get a decent seat through the university.

If I don't find something online I like, I think I'll just take my chances and buy outside the stadium. Surely there will be someone with a post Christmas break up/family issue that will have an extra ticket or two. LOL