• Michigan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UCF

Votes: 15 9.7%

• Total voters

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Who cares? Bama didn't play in one last year. OSU didn't two years ago. I don't think OU played in one the first year they made it (i could be wrong on that one).

Not disagreeing with your point on ND, just want to expand on it and bring up the instances where non-championship teams made it. ...Georgia has no business being brought up with the 5 that I think have good cases - 2 with 100% and I think the other 3 will be very hard to choose between.

Bama and Georgia didn't play last year and both teams only had 1 loss, which is the reason they both made it in. Auburn upset Alabama in the Iron Bowl, then lost to Georgia in the SEC Championship. I don't think anyone was undefeated besides UCF either.

I think the year OSU made it was the PSU year where OSU had one loss to PSU and PSU had two, but won the B1G. I beleive PSU lost to Pitt early in the year, so they weren't a viable team, which is why OSU held on. I think Michigan was involved in a tie breaker for the B1G that year too. Note: OSU lost to OU in Columbus and at Iowa last year, a lot people forget about the OU loss.

This year, we have the 2 obviously choices and in my opinion only 3 that should be considered (ND, OU, and OSU). Ultimately I voted for ND (No losses with a typical B5 scheduel) and OU (similar wins/better loss), who I think is microscopically better than OSU. If OSU get's left out, I could see some big changes in a few years. If it's OU or ND, I don't think the outrage will be enough.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The only reason any of you would leave out Notre Dame is because you don't like them. Glad this band of idiots isnt in charge of the committee.

Not true. The Big 12 was constantly punished for not playing a championship game and having that 13th data point, so ND should be too IMO.

Had ND been forced to play Alabama yesterday instead of Georgia, Georgia would be in and ND would now be out. So being in the SEC hurt Georgia, and not being in a conference helped ND.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Not true. The Big 12 was constantly punished for not playing a championship game and having that 13th data point, so ND should be too IMO.

Had ND been forced to play Alabama yesterday instead of Georgia, Georgia would be in and ND would now be out. So being in the SEC hurt Georgia, and not being in a conference helped ND.

While I agree that ND should be punished for not having the 13th data point, it's a bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Back in 2014 FSU was undefeated while OSU, TCU, and Baylor all had one loss (Baylor and TCU without the 13th data point).

This year, ND is undefeated (without the 13th data point) while UGA has 2 losses.

Yes, UGA has that 13th data point this year, but it's a loss. Why should they be rewarded for that?

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
IF ND had a 1 loss,I could see them being pushed out, their schedule didn't end up looking as great as the season went on. A couple of their early wins they hung their hat on, turned out to not be such great wins. Tough to argue when they're undefeated.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

So Vegas is saying that Alabama and Clemson are heads and shoulders above everyone else, which is probably true.

Georgia proved yesterday that they are one of the only teams that could beat Alabama.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Big 12 Champion had 1 loss. Not undefeated. UNDEFEATED. Georgia would still have a loss. Notre Dame does not.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
So Vegas is saying that Alabama and Clemson are heads and shoulders above everyone else, which is probably true.

Georgia proved yesterday that they are one of the only teams that could beat Alabama.

Georgia proved they could blow a lead and make a hideous coaching decision on a fake punt call. Georgia proved they would lose. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They should not be rewarded for choking and losing a game they could have won.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Georgia proved they could blow a lead and make a hideous coaching decision on a fake punt call. Georgia proved they would lose. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They should not be rewarded for choking and losing a game they could have won.

And ND would have lost by 3+ TDs. Just like they did last time in the playoffs against Alabama. Total mismatch.

• Disagree
Reactions: CloneFan4

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

And Georgia was also a 13 point underdog going into that game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron