Is Jacobson one and done at ISU?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We offered...
for football

Yeah tight end. I actually think I remember laughing at Nebraska for offering and excepting a basketball scholarship since I had watched him play at Waukee and thought no chance. That’s before I knew Waukee coach was dreadfull.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Spangler-type guy? (I hated that guy, but he helped OU along for sure)

Spangler-type, maybe, but so far he's been WAY more than just a junkyard/banger player.

today i let myself wonder for a few moments, could this MOFO actually make an NBA roster? i mean, he's not as creative as Niang, but he's more athletic and fundamentally sound in many ways.....obviously we'll need to see how he holds up in B12 play.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
1) Scrappy
2) High motor
3) Gamer
4) Sneaky athletic
5) Gritty
6) Winner
7) High ___ IQ
8) Good fundamentals
9) Plays the game the right way
10) Lunch pail guy
11) Heady and/or cerebral
12) Deceptive speed
13) Gym rat
14) Intangibles
15) Gets the most out of his abilities
16) Has a lot of heart
17) Grinder
18) Out-hustles
19) Someone you’d love your daughter to date
20) Coach's kid.
21) Does all the little things that don't show up on the box score.
22) He's like having a coach out on the floor.
23) Student of the game.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
With Lard and Young coming back next month, we can anticipate his numbers going down. I sure hope not.
I would keep starting him and make Lard earn every minute he plays. Maybe Jacobson's play so far will motivate Cam to get his **** together.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
With Lard and Young coming back next month, we can anticipate his numbers going down. I sure hope not.
I would keep starting him and make Lard earn every minute he plays. Maybe Jacobson's play so far will motivate Cam to get his **** together.
???
When Lard’s suspension is lifted, he’s back. Then I want the players on the floor that give us the best chance to win. Whether Jacobson, Lard, or anyone else.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Somebody mentioned a comparison to Niang on another thread, and honestly, he does have a little Niang in him. His outside shot even looks a lot like Niang's. He doesn't have the ballhandling or crafty moves that Georges does, but he's a fantastic shooter.

• Agree
Reactions: Stereotype

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
If we had Lard and Young available at the beginning of the season, it may have not allowed for him to shine as much as he has. He FULLY took advantage of the need to have him play so much early on. Good for him, as it's going to make this team even tougher once everyone returns.
Crazy to say but the injuries to Young and Wigginton and suspensions to Lard and Talley have really allowed Jacobson, THT, Halliburton, Lewis, Conditt, and Griffen a lot more run. That is going to pay huge dividends later in the year. No one is going to be starry eyed once conference season starts. That doesn't happen if the 4 that are out are soaking up a ton of minutes.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Lard has to be on strike 2.99+ at this point.

I figure if there is any last bit of motivation to be had -- Jacobson might already be Brady to your Bledsoe even before your suspension -- this this might be it.

The roster needs him far less now than it did last year.

Once Solomon is back healthy to be the backup, he better be in good standing.

We tried to get Ed Morrow before Jacobson. He's averaging 3.5 points/game at Marquette so far.

NVYACCTS-1.jpg

Reactions: sadam