WBB: Cyclone vs. #24 Miami on CBS Sports Net at 3:30 today

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Maddy has improved so much as has Kristin. I could see Kristin getting a start or two at center. Ines was huge today.

Will be interesting to see how good Miami is at the end of the year (Their ranking seems like it could just be from what they did last year.)

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
This team is much better than I thought they would be. I like pleasant surprises like that. Winning cures a lot of things.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We look loaded - hoping ISU can repay the Hawks for beating us at Hilton last year.

We have not played well in Iowa City and was not thinking much of us winning there. Rethinking that based on what we have seen so far. Should be a good game.

I like that we have a road game at South Dakota first. Won't like our first road game of the year to be at Iowa. Not sure if I consider the game in Canada a true "road" test, more likely going to be Hilton Canada. :rolleyes:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Radio only for Cyclone "net".

Even worse, Iowa game is no TV at all. :( Would have thought that would have at least merited BTN.

This makes me consider the bus trip they are offering. Only issue holding me up is that I might not be back home by midnight for gameday thread for MBB Iowa game.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
This makes me consider the bus trip they are offering. Only issue holding me up is that I might not be back home by midnight for gameday thread for MBB Iowa game.
Rulzzz,
Use the phone to start the thread...unless you are getting too many Amazon Gift Card ads. You can always edit it later!!!!

Support the ladies!!!!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rulzzz,
Use the phone to start the thread...unless you are getting too many Amazon Gift Card ads. You can always edit it later!!!!

Support the ladies!!!!

Don't have a phone that gets the internet. If I know the bus has internet capabilities I could do it on my tablet.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Miami official site had a link to the game. We looked good and attribute the win to defensive effort and scoring versatility. Miami's defense was blah and once they started stumbling on offense (foul trouble and missing a lot of shots) we took over in the 2nd Q and never looked back.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Two P5 teams down and two to go in NC. Lets add Arkansas and Iowa make us 4-0. ;) Plus Drake and South Dakota as probable NCAA teams.

A lot of years we're overcoming NC as a weakness (SOS) but this year we have the chance to make it a plus.

Throw Bucknell into the list as a potential NCAA team. They were 5th in the last ESPN Top 10 Mid-Major poll.

• Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Team_Miami2018_19_1.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Thought the ladies played really well today. Really was impressed with the way they bowed up and stuck with it when it got pretty darn chippy in the end of 3rd start of the 4th. Liking the way the ladies are all pulling for each other. I've watched a lot of ladies hoops and I think we've got a team that could be a lot of fun to watch if they stay healthy. Crowd is sensing it also, some good organic cheering and noise making by the crowd, hopefully with this funner style of hoops we can regain some of the fan base also.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Great game. I played in the band, gives a different perspective on the game. Plus I think the refs can actually hear you when you yell at them. I was on tv a couple times, although I'm not sure that's a good thing.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I really enjoy watching this team. The effort is solid and lots of players contributing. Depth and talent in the post and at PG is much better than last year. Carleton, Wise, and Joens really give us some outstanding wings.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
We have not played well in Iowa City and was not thinking much of us winning there. Rethinking that based on what we have seen so far. Should be a good game.

I like that we have a road game at South Dakota first. Won't like our first road game of the year to be at Iowa. Not sure if I consider the game in Canada a true "road" test, more likely going to be Hilton Canada. :rolleyes:

They mentioned on the TV broadcast last night how the grm in Chatham only seats 1000 and that Bridget's parents bought around 170 tickets, so no not going to be a true road game but, still a really cool thing for BF and staff to do to "take Bridget home" and play a game there!!

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
https://hurricanesports.com/news/20...owa-state-in-preseason-wnit-championship.aspx

Interesting comments by Miami's coach. Also wondered if size of crowd intimidated them a bit.

I do wonder about the crowd size too (I think we do that too lots of teams) but, she thinks BF and staff scouted well and our girls read and listened to the scouting report and her team didn't. Not to often will you hear a coach say those type of things.

That's the difference in BF too, If you want to tell the media "my team didn't do what the scouting report said to do or didn't do the things we talked about" That's fine, My problem is when he says "Player X missed 3 switches and has to do better" Don't call out players in the media and how can they learn from mistakes if you sub them right away??

• Agree
Reactions: SMP05

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I had to leave after three quarters, but if they would have lost the game, I would have been surprised because they were rolling, and Miami didn't have the speed to keep up with our players, and depth, and rotating players to keep them fresh. This is the most surprising team I have seen since watching ISU women's basketball. Coach seems to have shifted to the modern game, and done an amazing job. I hope I am not wrong, and think that I am not, but watch out women's basketball.