• No

Votes: 288 91.4%

• Total voters

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah, maybe. I just remember they were pretty average most of the season, and then they were playing pretty good ball a few weeks before ISU, and ISU had been just getting worked. It was a disaster. By the end of that season, ISU really didn't even deserve a bowl game, which they proved....at the bowl game.
Yeah the blue turf bowl. One of the infamous road bowl games in our tortured history

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Jesus. UAB was a terrible team. Texas is good.

Texas is decent but 200 yards of total offense on them is really awful.

I'd say it debunks all of the 'offensive shutting it down' talk from the last two weeks. I think the offense was just sucking.

• Disagree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Texas is decent but 200 yards of total offense on them is really awful.

I'd say it debunks all of the 'offensive shutting it down' talk from the last two weeks. I think the offense was just sucking.

Ahhh, the Iowa State fans way of never thinking we play a good team.

• Agree
Reactions: SerenityNow

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I had a bad feeling going in-missed opportunity sure but I’m not going to go jump off a ledge. Program is still in the best shape ever

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
Iowa State lost a terrible UCONN team at home on Seneca’s senior day. That was brutal.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Another one was the UCONN game back in '02. Already a let down season at that point following our 6-0 start, that was one hell of a TKO

This is it for me. It's not even close. I still remember thinking "what the f**k happened to this team!" After that loss. #9 in the country after beating Tech, and then a complete free fall. UCONN loss was the sum of all fears.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think some of you are thinking what lost games sucked the most, score or stat wise, while others (like me) and thinking what lost games means to a seasons' outcome. This was definitely the worst.

No. We played a good team and lost. We all knew that could happen.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I would also throw the Baylor loss in 2005 (? Not sure on the year and too lazy to look it up). They were Terrible then and it ultimately cost us a shot at the championship. Then the Missou loss at home for a chance at the title was also horrible.

Good lord, just talking about this stuff is making me even more dipressed.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think some of you are thinking what lost games sucked the most, score or stat wise, while others (like me) and thinking what lost games means to a seasons' outcome. This was definitely the worst.

Well then by that measure losing to both Mizzou and Kansas and failing to make the championship game are both objectively worse. We should have won both of those games, and then who knows what happens in the championship game. You have to get there first.

Last edited:

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well then by that measure losing to both Mizzou and Kansas and failing to make the championship game are both objectively worse. We should have won both of those games, and then who knows what happens in the championship game. You have to get there first.

Those teams lose by 30+ on a good day in the championship game. They weren’t the same caliber as this years team.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
This thread is just pathetic. This loss while disappointing isn't that bad of a loss. We are still having arelatively great year for football and I am very thankful to our guys for playing with effort against the texas on their senior day.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Ahhh, the Iowa State fans way of never thinking we play a good team.
It’s schrodinger’s football team. The team Iowa State plays is both a great team we need to be scared of, and a team that isn’t that good.

Eh, I’d say you can make the argument it isn’t even the worst loss in the last calendar year; K-State last year was worse. Chance to win the most regular season games since 2000, against a much more inferior opponent, and you have that ******** at the end.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The big difference is the narrative going in to this game was ISU was the team nobody wants to face right now.

Back then it was maybe ISU is the least bad team in an absolute trash division that can earn the right to get curb stomped by OU or UT.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron