Official UT postgame thread

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
hello-darkness-my-5acc64.jpg

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Injuries are really hurting our defense, but not as much as the inability to tackle today. That was a horrible showing.
I was nervous after the last couple of games, but cant say I fully saw that coming

• Agree
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I commented on this during the game. They saw something in tape. When we shifted our line their defense never moved. Our shifts are done to set things up. They never bit on it. Corned Purdy time and agin on the left side. That and our protection on that side was horrid.

Sometimes I just wish ISU would simply get to the line, and run the play instead of all the shifting. Especially if the play call is a simple ineffective dive on 1st down.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
That was a worse performance than the one I saw in person two years ago. I suppose we can cool it with the “arrived” talk. There is a definite ceiling for success with that line play. Woof. I don’t mind the loss. But I do mind not putting up a fight.

CYandIareBFFs

Jan 24, 2011
Milwaukee
The good news is were going bowling. The bad news is, we had a shot at the PBA but instead we'll be playing Friday beer league. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

INTENSE_CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2018
Honestly going into the game I didn't expect Iowa State to win but believed they could. We did not play like contenders tonight. My biggest frustration was not that we lost but how we lost. Looked much worse than a 24-10 score.

On the bright side this has been a very good year so far. Team needs to regroup and stomp the purple kitties next week.

Reactions: cyfan21

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
Injuries are really hurting our defense, but not as much as the inability to tackle today. That was a horrible showing.
I was nervous after the last couple of games, but cant say I fully saw that coming
Regarding the tackling, it wasn't just the last couple. They had tackling issues against OU. Seems like a Jekyll and Hyde type of deal Some games they are spot on, others, not so much. Consistency is something CMC is probably preaching heading into next year.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
There is a lot of truth to Montgomery masking the OL's weakness. I'm not sure we have the season we expect to in 2019 with a David Montgomery in the NFL. I definitely don't expect anyone else to breaking the number of tackles a David Montgomery does but I'm not even sure we currently have a back that can do it on a regular basis to move the ball.

That could turn a 9/10 win season into a 7/8 again.

The bottom line is ISU just needs to get better and deeper on the OL. Just seems like they have had more attrition and misses there then in all the other position on the field. They will have several guys with experience coming back next year, so we should expect some improvement. Still not sold on no OC and hiring a grad assistant as the OL coach, but most of the issues look to be physical.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
The bottom line is ISU just needs to get better and deeper on the OL. Just seems like they have had more attrition and misses there then in all the other position on the field. They will have several guys with experience coming back next year, so we should expect some improvement. Still not sold on no OC and hiring a grad assistant as the OL coach, but most of the issues look to be physical.
I thought this team reverted back to the form against OU and TOE. Bad tackling was obvious, but the offensive game plan went back to vanilla. We all saw why he did that against Tech. Keep that offense off the field, but to essentially only run 2 plays: deep ball down the sideline or a run up the middle isn't going to cut it. I think ISU probably needs an OC who shares CMC's vision, or CMC needs to learn to switch up the game plan when playing TOE, TX and other teams we similar or superior athletic talent on the line and out smart them. Both loses were a situation in which they played into the strength of their opposition, instead of exploiting weakness.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron