WATCH: Tom Herman's pre-ISU press conference

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Wow, Coach Mensa has been deep in thought about this game for 14 months. I'd forgotten about that being the unveiling of Heacock's new defensive scheme. I was so pre-occupied with being dissapointed in that loss, I never appreciated the significance of that game. But Tommy Herman fully appreciates what he is up against. His voice trembled a bit when responding to the reference to the ISU West Virginia game. He is a purist, and I think he is plenty nervous about this matchup. That is especially true since the Longhorn D is really banged up.

Some striking milestones for Saturday, after watching the presser:
  • 500th game played at DKR stadium
  • Ranked opponents in the championship hunt
  • The first meaningful football game ever on the LHN
  • Only game on at night for either the Big 12 or B1G

Reactions: FredCyclone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
To clarify this, Tom was a friend of mine when he was at ISU. He was always good to me and we had a great relationship that has carried onto this down.

HOWEVER, I totally see how he turns others the wrong way. Tom is not for everyone. Like you said, to me, he's very entertaining. Love watching his pressers. I generally learn quite a bit from them. I wish more coaches were like that.
So you were his wingman for the price of free Busch Lights?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Sounded like he threw Campbell some shade by mentioning the talent he had and then only afterwards the talent he brought in. Paraphrasing a bit. Don't want to go back and listen to it again.

I don't think it was really shade, it was true. The cupboard was pretty empty when Campbell came in and the talent level has increased since then.

Also, if you want my feeling about Herman, go to the Texas look a like thread.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I had to go look at their last 6 games after the question about how many close games the have had and the last 6 have been pretty tight, even when they didn't play great teams. Hopefully the Clones can give them another close loss.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
That's an awfully personal question, isn't it?

Has anyone ever spotted Tom Herman somewhere say in Ankeny, maybe in the vicinity of some real estate office, at some Chinese place that isn't Chinese food by chance? I'm just asking because I hear its a place that men in particular really like to go for some really good hot tea and swell company.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
To clarify this, Tom was a friend of mine when he was at ISU. He was always good to me and we had a great relationship that has carried onto this down.

HOWEVER, I totally see how he turns others the wrong way. Tom is not for everyone. Like you said, to me, he's very entertaining. Love watching his pressers. I generally learn quite a bit from them. I wish more coaches were like that.

Can you speak his alleged romances with ISU students (recruiting girls)?

did you allow your friendship to impact your reporting on this matter?

its been stated on this very .com that rhoads sent him packing when becoming aware

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
All alleged personal flaws aside, and on-the-field antics, and the school he represents, and well, everything else about Tom Herman: Head Coach of UT Football...the man gives a fairly decent and watchable press conference. Kudos to that.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Can you speak his alleged romances with ISU students (recruiting girls)?

did you allow your friendship to impact your reporting on this matter?

its been stated on this very .com that rhoads sent him packing when becoming aware

I don’t know that I believe that rhoads sent him packing because of it. But Jeff woody insinuated very strongly that he wasn’t at all surprised by the allegations.

• Agree
Reactions: Dr.bannedman

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Its seems like this guys is somebody in the staff and NOT Zach Smith. Here is something he posted further into the thread:

Guys I’ll state this as simply as I can:

A. I have a career ahead of me. My name being implicated would be a deathblow to my career. There is an unwritten rule of coaching that you don’t release dirt on former colleagues. No one would touch me if I released it with my name on it.

B. I’m not going to have too. Zach will release it. If he gets cold feet and enough time goes on I will be more willing to gamble and personally release what I have to a journalist that promises to conceal my identity.

C. Even if I did release it, Tom would deny it, say the photos are photoshopped, say the girls texts we have are someone else and that it’s rigged and he would deny it. If I make it clear that I have this it’s likely he will deny it. Then when the facts are released that’s one more thing he’s guilty of that ruins his credibility. If he acknowledges what we have he may apologize, publically announce his mistakes and that would be more factual than us releasing what we have right now, because there would be no denial.

D. He is clearly scared and we have proof and recordings of him sending people to try to essentially pay Zach off in exchange for him not releasing what he has. I have info Zach doesn’t even have, I don’t need people knocking on my door. Nonetheless, when it comes out that he has tried paying people off it makes him even more guilty.

E. I want him to sit in his chair for awhile and helplessly think about what he’s done. I want it to simmer for awhile that at any point someone could bring him down. Sitting on info is powerful.

F. Some of it could look bad on our program and I’d never do anything to hurt THE Ohio State University.

G. Reporters will see this and inherently start digging. If they find it I don’t have to potentially blackball myself in the coaching community and if asked anything I can smile and decline a comment and it won’t matter because they’d have everything they need.

• Informative
Reactions: State43

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm hoping Tom Herman right now be like:

giphy.gif

200-18-1.gif

1WYV.gif

HSN35AJ.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us