Longhorn Network Access

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Everyone sign up for PS Vue and cancel everything else. It's your chance to become a cool cord cutter.

Reactions: STATE12

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
For what it’s worth, for those w/ Directv; I just called and they gave me the Sprts Pack for free for three months. Can now get the game and will just cancel before my free period is expired

Also just got off the phone with Directv and got the 3 month free sports pak added. Thx for the suggestion!

You guys must have got reps that didn’t give a f- my lady said that there was no free trial for the sports pack but she did give me $5 off per month for 3 months and I can cancel anytime. So I guess $8.99 to watch the game is good enough for me- better than the bar tab or internet problems that a guy can have....

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
You guys must have got reps that didn’t give a f- my lady said that there was no free trial for the sports pack but she did give me $5 off per month for 3 months and I can cancel anytime. So I guess $8.99 to watch the game is good enough for me- better than the bar tab or internet problems that a guy can have....

Need to ask for the loyalty department next time.

iowastateflash

Nov 11, 2018
I live in SW Iowa, and have had Mediacom with the extra ESPN sports package forever. After understanding that I can access LHN through WatchESPN (streaming) with Mediacom password yesterday, I attempted to see if I can look at LHN programming now (to make sure I'll have a smooth connection for Saturday night), and here's the error message that appeared, "We are sorry, but it seems we do not have access to this content on this particular application. We are working hard to get you access. Please check back soon". I then called Mediacom late last night, and had to explain, because otherwise WatchESPN works with other options, such as SECNetwork, etc. So, the representative said they would escalate this problem with LHN through WatchESPN, and that they should get it corrected in time for Saturday, but I intend to bug them everyday until I FINALLY see LHN programming through WatchESPN, and will report when the error message is removed. This will be my mission, as I'd much rather drink beer and watch game at home, plus I'm already paying Mediacom for this service, aren't I?

• Agree
Reactions: Javinegli

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
How did this conversation go? Gonna do the same thing later this week.

I simply told the rep I was wanting to add the LHN and wanted to know the package I needed and the cost. She placed me on hold about 30 seconds, returned to the line and offered me the Sports Pack at 3 months for free.

I have been with Directv for quite a few years, have the Choice Plus package and I am approaching my current offer end date. Perhaps they made the offer based on my history and approaching contract end date.

I didnt even ask for the offer, they just extended it and told me I can cancel before the billing would occur at the end of the free period.

Reactions: WIB

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I live in SW Iowa, and have had Mediacom with the extra ESPN sports package forever. After understanding that I can access LHN through WatchESPN (streaming) with Mediacom password yesterday, I attempted to see if I can look at LHN programming now (to make sure I'll have a smooth connection for Saturday night), and here's the error message that appeared, "We are sorry, but it seems we do not have access to this content on this particular application. We are working hard to get you access. Please check back soon". I then called Mediacom late last night, and had to explain, because otherwise WatchESPN works with other options, such as SECNetwork, etc. So, the representative said they would escalate this problem with LHN through WatchESPN, and that they should get it corrected in time for Saturday, but I intend to bug them everyday until I FINALLY see LHN programming through WatchESPN, and will report when the error message is removed. This will be my mission, as I'd much rather drink beer and watch game at home, plus I'm already paying Mediacom for this service, aren't I?

No, you're not already paying Mediacom for access to LHN because they don't offer LHN.

The offerings on WatchESPN through your Mediacom account are limited to the channels that Mediacom already offers.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

The only way you will have WatchESPN access to the LHN is if it is part of your purchased cable package.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones423

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
No, you're not already paying Mediacom for access to LHN because they don't offer LHN.

The offerings on WatchESPN through your Mediacom account are limited to the channels that Mediacom already offers.
beat me to it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Does anyone know what the best internet outlaw site carrying the game will be?

Do you mean illegal cable?

DismalOddLhasaapso-size_restricted.gif

iowastateflash

Nov 11, 2018
The only way you will have WatchESPN access to the LHN is if it is part of your purchased cable package.

Attached is a link to a Sept 2014 WatchESPN Press Release announcing Mediacom customers new access: https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...-mediacom-suddenlink-nctc-and-nttc-customers/

In the middle of this article it says: "Customers of Mediacom, Suddenlink and members of the NCTC and NTTC can now conveniently watch live events and programming from the ESPN linear networks they receive as part of their video subscription, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network, SEC Network and SEC Network +."

So is there a caveat of this announcement that I'm missing, or have they issued a new press release saying they've retracted? Just looking for better clarification. Thanks.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Attached is a link to a Sept 2014 WatchESPN Press Release announcing Mediacom customers new access: https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...-mediacom-suddenlink-nctc-and-nttc-customers/

In the middle of this article it says: "Customers of Mediacom, Suddenlink and members of the NCTC and NTTC can now conveniently watch live events and programming from the ESPN linear networks they receive as part of their video subscription, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network, SEC Network and SEC Network +."

So is there a caveat of this announcement that I'm missing, or have they issued a new press release saying they've retracted? Just looking for better clarification. Thanks.
Here's the key word: 2014.

And here's your better clarification: They don't have it.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Been with them for 14yrs and Account in good standing. I played the loyalty card. Paid off.