Baylor - Fine $2M gets rest of money back

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
There is very little justice in our justice system in general, and even less so when it comes to rape.
But that doesn’t mean you can cover it up with a cash fine.

Here is what I would have liked to have seen:
The Big 12 fined Baylor $9 million. Every other B12 school (minus Baylor) received $1 million that could only be spent on Title 9 programs, victim outreach, or some kind of support network for women. Baylor would have to spend the same amount for local programs, but would also have to play PSAs on all tier-3 media as well as home games for ALL athletics. Those PSAs could be for victim support lines and outreach centers that aide victims of domestic and sexual violence. That is the punishment they deserved.

Baylor FAN 3

Aug 29, 2018
The heck with fining them, just kick them out and keep all of the money for victim restitution. They do not meet the minimum qualifications to be in the Big 12. They should never have been let in in the first place.
Well they do rank #78 in U.S. News & Report to ISU's #119

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I was just on their campus a week ago. They have hundreds of millions of dollars pending in civil lawsuits, so they have a moratorium on any new construction in effect right now.

Baylor FAN 3

Aug 29, 2018

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
  • Winner
Reactions: 2speedy1

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Let's compare arrest records. Not sure you want to go there. Maybe we should kick ISU out?

http://arrestnation.com/teamsschools/iowa-state-university/

http://arrestnation.com/teamsschools/baylor-university/
Baylor just does not fit into the Big12 on any level, regardless of their murder and rape cover-ups and arrest records. As I said before, Baylor should have never been let into the Big 12 and that would have been before they had the murder and rape cover-ups and arrests.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

BearAssets

Nov 8, 2011
I was just on their campus a week ago. They have hundreds of millions of dollars pending in civil lawsuits, so they have a moratorium on any new construction in effect right now.

This just isn't factual... The civil lawsuits are not hundreds of millions of dollars, and most are already taken care of, the ones that are settled are in the six figure range each not seven figure. Just announced a $1.1 Billion campaign($542MM already raised), will be building a new basketball fieldhouse(lead gift soon to be announced $40-$100MM range on the gift), a welcome center(lead gift in hand), and new football ops facility. Also will be growing endowment(from $1.2B to goal of $1.7B), and other on campus updates.

There is no doubt our previous administration ****** up royally and looks like we will be penalized for it by the league and possibly the NCAA(rightfully so), but make no mistake we still have money and are building facilities/growing our endowment.

• Informative
Reactions: jdcyclone19

Help Support Us

Become a patron