Being a long Time ISU fan

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
When the Men's BB team would get down most years you always have the feel that they have a run or two in them to get the W. I am not there yet with Campbell's teams but each W puts me that much closer. I was just thinking about this exact same thing today. How many times did Mac have the BXII won with a win against someone we should have been better and we still found a way to yak. How many game to CPR have in the bag at the half only to go coaching dormant and let the game slip away. I am just behind AClone and close to acoustamic at 39 years of frustration but maybe this is the time. I still remember the Johnny Orr teams who would get so close to getting there but never could. Floyd and Eustachy took us to the next level and Fred got us back there. Is Campbell the guy, I am hoping so.
GO CLONES

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’m very worried about tomorrow. As we all should be.

But.....things are changing. Last week I kind of figured we would lose during the game but wasn’t shocked when we won. Last year I thought we’d beat TCU. And I thought we’d end up beating West Virginia even though we didn’t.

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone and Tailg8er

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I’m very worried about tomorrow. As we all should be.

But.....things are changing. Last week I kind of figured we would lose during the game but wasn’t shocked when we won. Last year I thought we’d beat TCU. And I thought we’d end up beating West Virginia even though we didn’t.

Strongly disagree we should all be very worried about tomorrow.. Why do you say that? (Other than the typical, that'd be 'such a cyclone thing to happen')..

I'm not at all worried about tomorrow. Only slightly worried about next Saturday. I would classify my feelings as very worried about the Texas game, but that's not exactly an expected win, so kind of a natural feeling.

If you're very worried about the game tomorrow, I don't think you're fully on board with the process quite yet.. jmo

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Strongly disagree we should all be very worried about tomorrow.. Why do you say that? (Other than the typical, that'd be 'such a cyclone thing to happen')..

I'm not at all worried about tomorrow. Only slightly worried about next Saturday. I would classify my feelings as very worried about the Texas game, but that's not exactly an expected win, so kind of a natural feeling.

If you're very worried about the game tomorrow, I don't think you're fully on board with the process quite yet.. jmo

Maybe very worried is strong. But a lot is at stake and therefore fans can be nervous.

Good teams lose to bad teams. We are a good team but we can lose.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Maybe very worried is strong. But a lot is at stake and therefore fans can be nervous.

Good teams lose to bad teams. We are a good team but we can lose.

Better way of putting it, I think.

There's definitely always that chance. I'll say I'm less worried about that this year than I have been for a long time (if not ever).

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Cyclone fan since the early 70's. I am not over CNSS (Cyclone Nut Shot Syndrome). I have accepted it is a chronic condition but I have learned to manage it.

What absolutely blew me away though as I attended the game last weekend-Jack Trice has become one of, if not the best place to attend a CFB game. Some are bigger, few are louder but no place I have ever been has the entire package in such an energetic, tasteful way. I have been to Happy Valley, Death Valley, Turkey Valley. I have been to a game at the Horse shoe and the big house, Rose Bowl, Veterans in Lincoln. I would put that atmosphere last weekend up against any of them.

If there is football karma, JTS is the payback for 40+ years of enduring football torture.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Cyclone fan since the early 70's. I am not over CNSS (Cyclone Nut Shot Syndrome). I have accepted it is a chronic condition but I have learned to manage it.

What absolutely blew me away though as I attended the game last weekend-Jack Trice has become one of, if not the best place to attend a CFB game. Some are bigger, few are louder but no place I have ever been has the entire package in such an energetic, tasteful way. I have been to Happy Valley, Death Valley, Turkey Valley. I have been to a game at the Horse shoe and the big house, Rose Bowl, Veterans in Lincoln. I would put that atmosphere last weekend up against any of them.

If there is football karma, JTS is the payback for 40+ years of enduring football torture.

Hell last weekend wasn’t nearly as great as West Virginia’s atmosphere.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
...thought this was a finish the sentence thing.

Being a long time ISU fan....is even harder than it looks. :)

Turned the corner a touch with the WV and Tech games in starting to think of JT as a bit like Hilton as in every home game seems winnable. And it was weird seeing ISU throttle #6 and feeling almost underwhelmed by it. Really?

Still cautious for tomorrow and next week. The TCU and Iowa games were stupid, however the path to an exceptional season is still there, but is almost too good.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Basketball gets my nerves going far more than football. I suppose that comes from expectations, and will probably get worse the higher they are. Overall, though, as you get older, the worries you have are bigger than sports, so when I start getting overly tense during a game, I just remind myself of what is actually important. I just try to enjoy the victories and forget the losses. Doesn't always happen as easy as I'd like though.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Every single game I worry until the clock shows zero! I don't care who we're playing. Too many times something goes wrong that couldn't happen again in a million years. I will say this year does feel a little different! Go Cyclones.
Feels A LOT different.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron