Liberty Bowl 2018

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I want Alamo Bowl just because I've never been to San Antonio and I think the River Walk would be a blast with a whole bunch of cardinal and gold taking it over!
I would LOVE the Alamo Bowl - it's close to family, the date is perfectly situated between Christmas & New Years, and San Antonio is one of my favorite cities.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I would LOVE the Alamo Bowl - it's close to family, the date is perfectly situated between Christmas & New Years, and San Antonio is one of my favorite cities.

Me too. That bowl has been around forever and I’d love to go. The best part about Memphis was always being surrounded by Iowa State fans. I think San Antonio could be like that. And it was fun for the ncaa a few years ago.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Alamo Bowl or bust!

Memphis was fun last year (I've never been), but running out of Busch Light and the lack of tailgating support (no grills "allowed", 1 porta-john per 1000 cars) is enough to make me say, "Next!" Would I go again this year? I don't know.

Now... the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio would be great. A bowl game rich in history, in a place with generally good weather and a great environment (riverwalk) would be a blast. Plus, as KC mentioned, it falls nicely between Christmas and New Year's.

And luckily for me, it's only a 6 hours drive. :)

Reactions: aauummm

Isu4meandyou

Nov 18, 2017
I’m guessing that the liberty bowl will try to avoid us this year.
Quite possible, and I think we'll be trying to avoid the Liberty Bowl, because I think we can do better, and will. I mean no disrespect to the Liberty Bowl, just that I think we're going to have a higher standing in the final conference rankings

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
From today's email from the Liberty Bowl:

Auburn vs. Oklahoma State (CollegeFootballNews.com)
Auburn vs. West Virginia (Bill Bender, Sporting News)
Mississippi State vs. Iowa State (Joe Tansey, Bleacher Report)
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State (Eric Single, Sports Illustrated)
Missouri vs. Kansas State (Mitch Sherman, ESPN)
Missouri vs. Oklahoma State (Erick Smith, USA TODAY)
Missouri vs. TCU (Jim Tomlin, Saturday Down South)
South Carolina vs. TCU (Jerry Palm, CBS Sports)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I never thought I’d see the day that ISU fans would ***** about what bowl game we would go to.
Well this is us in a nutshell but not douchey
39a1748b-bd07-4ff6-a9a4-9a8f0366377f_text.gif

Reactions: Gunnerclone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
There is a 1% chance that the Liberty Bowl would select us 2 years running. Pretty sure that RARELY happens in any bowl game.

If we end up (roughly) tied with TT, TCU, and BAY, then I think we would end up in Houston or Phoenix. TT or Baylor would end up in Memphis.

For best results, we need either:
1) Texas and OU to finish strong and have a shot at a CFP or 2nd NY6 bowl on top of the Sugar. ISU gets 3rd ahead of WV.
2) ISU wins out, gets some help, and ends up in the Big12 CCG.

#2 is better, but #1 is more likely.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
There is a 1% chance that the Liberty Bowl would select us 2 years running. Pretty sure that RARELY happens in any bowl game.

If we end up (roughly) tied with TT, TCU, and BAY, then I think we would end up in Houston or Phoenix. TT or Baylor would end up in Memphis.

1) Texas and OU to finish strong and have a shot at a CFP or 2nd NY6 bowl on top of the Sugar. ISU gets 3rd ahead of WV.

Best results? Best results is we win the friggin conference. It's gonna happen. Book it.

:psuedojimlad:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Didn't Iowa go to the same bowl in back to back seasons?

Edit: Nope. They had multiple trips to the Outback Bowl, but always with at least a year inbetween trips.

Edit 2: Yep. Back to back Insight Bowls.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Yeah, I know. I just find it interesting to see the predictions that the Liberty Bowl itself is putting out in their emails, especially when it includes us almost every week.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Didn't Iowa go to the same bowl in back to back seasons?

Edit: Nope. They had multiple trips to the Outback Bowl, but always with at least a year inbetween trips.

Edit 2: Yep. Back to back Insight Bowls.
And right before that Minnesota when to the Insight Bowl three out of four years so it does happen.

• Agree

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
From today's email:

Auburn vs. Iowa State (CollegeFootballNews.com)
Mississippi State vs. Iowa State (Joe Tansey, Bleacher Report)
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State (Eric Single, Sports Illustrated)
Missouri vs. Oklahoma State (Erick Smith, USA TODAY)
Texas A&M vs. Texas (Bill Bender, Sporting News)
Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech (Mitch Sherman, ESPN)
South Carolina vs. Iowa State (Jim Tomlin, Saturday Down South)
South Carolina vs. Texas Tech (Kyle Bonagura, ESPN)
South Carolina vs. Texas Tech (Jerry Palm, CBS Sports)