Official Bowl Watch thread

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I want camping world that would be awesome my wife really wants to hit the beach for break

It was pretty cool when I was in Orlando in early January a couple years ago.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Has anybody seen how well they convert the Chase Field from baseball to football for the Cheez-It Bowl? I have bad memories of the horrible field at Yankee Stadium.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Has anybody seen how well they convert the Chase Field from baseball to football for the Cheez-It Bowl? I have bad memories of the horrible field at Yankee Stadium.

The Insight.com Bowl in 2000 was laid out along the 3B line. One end zone was in front of the 1B dugout, with the other end at the LF fence. Temporary bleachers in the OF grass.

Looks that's still the same layout, as of 2016.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt and Cycsk

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
No offense but if we end up playing another G5 in a bowl game I will be furious
images
No offense taken. Only half of me is furious, the other half agrees. upload_2018-10-19_12-1-2.jpeg

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
It's too bad Cheez-It is such a cheesy name for a bowl, 'cuz I actually like Cheez-Its :)

For a snack-oriented bowl,I suggest the concept of General Mills Bugles Bowl. Bank One Stadium. Special concession price on Bugles. :cool:

Plenty to do beyond the game itself. Like, First Avenue. Haven't been there in forever.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Iowa vs UCF in the Fiesta Bowl would be awesome. Absolutely nobody in the country would watch or care about that one except for Hawk fans in eastern Iowa.

And that would be so fitting due to the absolutely awful schedule Iowa played this year.

Great another national championship for UCF then.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I'm hoping for ISU vs Toledo anywhere. Go ahead and hate me, this would be my dream matchup. I would be there wearing a half Toledo, half ISU jersey.

I don't get it. you like both teams to you want them to play one another? but then one of you teams will automatically lose. Or is there another reason you wish this to happen.

I do indeed choose to hate you for this;). This game would have zero national appeal. National perception would be something like this: -a team no one cares about from the big 12 plays a team from Ohio in some...other...conference-. Is this dream matchup also played north of Iowa somewhere too?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
And ps. WHY does the Big 12 have such mediocre, if not crappy bowl affiliations?

Waiting for my fine from Austin, err, Big 12 central headquarters...

Because the Big 10 and SEC bogart all the New Year's Day bowls - playing each other, no less (the ones in Orlando (Citrus?) and Tampa (Capital One?) immediately come to mind)

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I don't get it. you like both teams to you want them to play one another? but then one of you teams will automatically lose. [1&2] Or is there another reason you wish this to happen.

I do indeed choose to hate you for this;). This game would have zero national appeal. [3]National perception would be something like this: -a team no one cares about from the big 12 plays a team from Ohio in some...other...conference-. [4] Is this dream matchup also played north of Iowa somewhere too?

Okay here I go.

1] My dream matchup since my son played for most of current ISU staff at Toledo.
2] Since this dream match up[my opinion], would probably convince my wife[boss] of value of attending.
3] Best MAC team usually is ranked in top 25, that was Toledo last year. Informed football fans are aware of quality no matter what league. Yea, that is a little jab at ya! ;)
4] Nope, warm weather location. Want to see EvilBetty in black high heels, black leggings, and a nasty devil tail.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Okay here I go.

1] My dream matchup since my son played for most of current ISU staff at Toledo.
2] Since this dream match up[my opinion], would probably convince my wife[boss] of value of attending.
3] Best MAC team usually is ranked in top 25, that was Toledo last year. Informed football fans are aware of quality no matter what league. Yea, that is a little jab at ya! ;)
4] Nope, warm weather location. Want to see EvilBetty in black high heels, black leggings, and a nasty devil tail.
I hope you play Iowa in your bowl. You would get one hell of a lot of support around here.