Could ISU be a featured matchup on Gameday this year?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I don’t think there will be enough space there. The stage and all the other props would take up half of that area alone.
If its on Central Campus, it’ll probably be on the North side of the Campanile in the huge lawn.
That's why I said shut down Union Drive...have lots of stuff just in the road. I guess I'm not sure how much space they actually use

I agree though, the shots of Beardshear and Curtiss would be awesome if it was on the north side

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
That's why I said shut down Union Drive...have lots of stuff just in the road. I guess I'm not sure how much space they actually use

I agree though, the shots of Beardshear and Curtiss would be awesome if it was on the north side
All I know is when they ever make it to ISU there will be thousands upon thousands of people there. A school of 35,000 that has never hosted, with a lot of those students within a 1 mile radius. There will also be a lot of people coming up from DM. Its not like Iowa gets this a lot either so its uncommon for this state in general.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
All I know is when they ever make it to ISU there will be thousands upon thousands of people there. A school of 35,000 that has never hosted, with a lot of those students within a 1 mile radius. There will also be a lot of people coming up from DM. Its not like Iowa gets this a lot either so its uncommon for this state in general.

I will be 100% driving up from KC whenever this happens.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
His
3e151ee8eec5ec8a93c40037a433c4b3.jpeg
His job is to have an opinion and get people to react either + or - . He gets this done. That is why he makes many many bushels of corn each year. upload_2018-10-18_14-50-11.jpeg

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
GameDay did an 11am game two weeks ago. The ABC Night game next week is Texas at Oklahoma State.

The Georgia/Florida game seems like the obvious GameDay Choice but not sure if they would want to have Herbstreit and Maria Taylor going from Jacksonville to Stillwater between Game Day and calling the night game. Might as well go from Ames to Stillwater for them.

Iowa @ Penn State and A&M/Miss State are the only other match-ups of ranked teams.

Pretty bland week for marquee games next week.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
GameDay did an 11am game two weeks ago. The ABC Night game next week is Texas at Oklahoma State.

The Georgia/Florida game seems like the obvious GameDay Choice but not sure if they would want to have Herbstreit and Maria Taylor going from Jacksonville to Stillwater between Game Day and calling the night game. Might as well go from Ames to Stillwater for them.

Iowa @ Penn State and A&M/Miss State are the only other match-ups of ranked teams.

Pretty bland week for marquee games next week.
They already went to Penn St when Ohio St played there. So take that one off the list.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

My money would be on central campus with the stage roughly on the path between Curtiss and Beardshear OR right in front of Curtiss similar to the Obama campaign event in 2012. There would likely be at least one semi for the set. The production truck and the bus would need to be on set.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
The Georgia/Florida game seems like the obvious GameDay Choice but not sure if they would want to have Herbstreit and Maria Taylor going from Jacksonville to Stillwater between Game Day and calling the night game.

They are going from WSU to Purdue this week, so Jacksonville to Stillwater seems very doable.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
It'd be nice to have Jack Trice in the background. Can't they use the current intramural fields between parking lot G7 and University? Or even south of the stadium (would impact donor early parking).

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Get the huge George's head ready. It can crossover into football. He's multitalented!

Reactions: Cycsk

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
I mean ISU COULD have game day this year, but pigs also COULD fly. We’re 3-3 right now, not ranked with a favorable schedule ahead of us. Don’t get me wrong, I expect us to win most of the games left on our schedule, but let’s win those first and maybe get ranked, before we talk about GameDay coming to Ames.

Even if we win all our games leading up to the Texas game I doubt gameday will be in Austin as the game is scheduled to be on the longhorn network and I doubt the longhorn network will let that happen AND Cincy plays UCF that same week which is probably where GameDay will be

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I mean ISU COULD have game day this year, but pigs also COULD fly. We’re 3-3 right now, not ranked with a favorable schedule ahead of us. Don’t get me wrong, I expect us to win most of the games left on our schedule, but let’s win those first and maybe get ranked, before we talk about GameDay coming to Ames.

Even if we win all our games leading up to the Texas game I doubt gameday will be in Austin as the game is scheduled to be on the longhorn network and I doubt the longhorn network will let that happen AND Cincy plays UCF that same week which is probably where GameDay will be

I don't get why people think the LHN would be the deal breaker for Gameday in Austin. ESPN owns the network and it would be great publicity for the LHN and ESPN.