Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Which brings up another subject.

My daughter bought me a Iowa Jersey a couple years ago. Love it...don't wear it in public because I'm old. Occasionally wear it at the house when the Hawks play or she's around. Just find old people wearing team Jersey's awkward.

I think that's the general consensus.

Anyway, what's the rule on T-Shirts? I have a Hawk T-shirt that I occasionally wear in public...usually Saturdays. Am I crossing the line?

Wear your hawkeye clothes as much as you want. Be proud of the team you support, school you went to, whichever. I don't have a jersey, but would probably only wear it during games, would feel like I'm reliving my youth in one.

Hey, I don't care if hawk fans wear team clothes to church, I just think it's tacky there. My tavern hawk BIL wears that stuff non stop to church. I used to wear more than I did, need to lose about ten pounds and then I can wear more. Getting old blows. This slowing metabolism is catching me.

Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Wear your hawkeye clothes as much as you want. Be proud of the team you support, school you went to, whichever. I don't have a jersey, but would probably only wear it during games, would feel like I'm reliving my youth in one.

Hey, I don't care if hawk fans wear team clothes to church, I just think it's tacky there. My tavern hawk BIL wears that stuff non stop to church. I used to wear more than I did, need to lose about ten pounds and then I can wear more. Getting old blows. This slowing metabolism is catching me.
:)

Agree wearing it to church is tacky.

Getting old does suck...losing weight difficult. Gaining weight very easy :(

One weekend of drinking beer and eating pizza puts ten pounds on you....pretty amazing

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Which brings up another subject.

My daughter bought me a Iowa Jersey a couple years ago. Love it...don't wear it in public because I'm old. Occasionally wear it at the house when the Hawks play or she's around. Just find old people wearing team Jersey's awkward.

I think that's the general consensus.

Anyway, what's the rule on T-Shirts? I have a Hawk T-shirt that I occasionally wear in public...usually Saturdays. Am I crossing the line?

You animal.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well I have an email, check
I picked a screen name, check
didn't make an avatar, check

Took all of about 1 minute I'd guess. Maybe you consider 1 minute of doing something a lot of work, I don't really. My work ethic is pretty strong though, you can see from my posting lots of days I'm up at 4 am working away in the office.
Legend Hawk at 4am working:

original

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
:)

Agree wearing it to church is tacky.

Getting old does suck...losing weight difficult. Gaining weight very easy :(

One weekend of drinking beer and eating pizza puts ten pounds on you....pretty amazing

Pizza is killing us! There’s no way to maintain portion control.

• Agree

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
No Nylon Black coat even though they were sweet. Have a Hawk hat but don't know if it qualifies as a trucker hat.

I did wear a "Boondocks USA" hat in High School....probably qualifies.

Pretty sure you can probably stop by the truck stop and buy that same hat. We stopped there a few years ago and that place was like a time capsule.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Pretty sure you can probably stop by the truck stop and buy that same hat. We stopped there a few years ago and that place was like a time capsule.
I remember stopping there and eating a couple times with my Grandpa....haven't been there for 35 or so years. Glad it's still there....

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
You need new material. Commenting on the weight of a 21 year old daily is a bad look IMO.

Still have Hawk fans commenting on Niang's weight despite him being fit. Try cleaning up your own backyard.