Hate Iowa but see what this one says

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I am a fan of both teams because I grew up in Iowa and went to a college other than Iowa or ISU and I rooted slightly for ISU to win over Iowa. Wow, what a think skinned fan base. I thought the Iowa boards were bad but this board was definitely worse! I always thought Iowa fans were condescending and entitled but maybe there is something to the little brother syndrome. I watch both teams and I can tell you as much about this Cyclone team as any of you on this board but I simply say the Hawks are starting to come together as a good team and you guys fall apart. Pathetic!

For some reason you want us to give credit to Iowa for beating Minnesota and Indiana because OSU played the same two teams and Iowa hand an easier time that OSU, yet you won't give ISU credit for beating two ranked teams - one on the road - by saying the Oklahoma State win doesn't look like much now and West Virginia was overrated. And you call us pathetic?

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I am a fan of both teams because I grew up in Iowa and went to a college other than Iowa or ISU and I rooted slightly for ISU to win over Iowa. Wow, what a think skinned fan base. I thought the Iowa boards were bad but this board was definitely worse! I always thought Iowa fans were condescending and entitled but maybe there is something to the little brother syndrome. I watch both teams and I can tell you as much about this Cyclone team as any of you on this board but I simply say the Hawks are starting to come together as a good team and you guys fall apart. Pathetic!

For some reason you want us to give credit to Iowa for beating Minnesota and Indiana because OSU played the same two teams and Iowa hand an easier time that OSU, yet you won't give ISU credit for beating two ranked teams - one on the road - by saying the Oklahoma State win doesn't look like much now and West Virginia was overrated. And you call us pathetic?

• Informative

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

• Informative

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I think we get your point

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Coming to an ISU board trying to look for credit for Iowa beating up on bad teams sounds pretty pathetic actually

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

And they still are.

Iowa's a decent team and even were when ISU screwed up against them. But if you let Wisconsin throw the ball on you, and don't see anyone else then it's really stupid to have their fans go on an ISU board to promote Iowa basically doing nothing.

You're only here to give backhanded slants to ISU fans which means your'e just as much of a douche bag fan as many of them are.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

And yet here you are on an ISU board lecturing us about how much we need to respect Iowa because they've now hit the doughy part of their schedule and look good against it while downplaying back to back ISU wins vs ranked opponents. I think you're exaggerating your ISU fanhood a little but whatever floats your boat.

If you really are a fan of both teams then you need to realize that you're in the vast minority on both sides. Most people on here fall in one of two camps; either they despise Iowa full time or like me, they quit paying attention to them altogether once the game ends. Maybe Iowa really is the greatest thing since buttered toast now, but the simple fact of the matter is, I don't know, and I DGAF. I haven't seen them play a snap since the ISU game, and I won't for the rest of the season unless they're on somewhere and I happen to look in that direction. Somebody like you calling ANYBODY else condescending is some high quality stuff though. I'll give you that. Maybe head to one of the Iowa boards if you want people to tell you what an awesome guy for saying how great Iowa is. Just a thought.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
WHY WON’T YOU GUYS JUST GIVE IOWA THE CREDIT THEY DON’T DESERVE AND DIDN’T EARN?!?!
IOWA DOESN'T NEED TO EARN ANYTHING. THEY ARE BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER TEAM AND ONLY LOSE WHEN THEY LET OTHER TEAMS WIN!! IT SAYS SO ON MY BELLY. HEY, IS THE CABLE OUT IN YOUR TRAILER, TOO, PANTS?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
WHY WON’T YOU GUYS JUST GIVE IOWA THE CREDIT THEY DON’T DESERVE AND DIDN’T EARN?!?!

You obviously didn't read The Gazette's many preseason articles about how great Iowa's 3rd string (insert position) is the whole world of eastern Iowa is watching.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So Iowa State has stolen Iowa's black uniforms as well as their offensive and defensive p

Cool story, bro.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Northwestern is 10-1 in their last 11 conference games. Let that sink in. Northwestern. 10-1. If that doesn’t show how crappy that conference is I don’t know what would.

The same Northwestern that gave up 39 points and got beat by Akron?

Reactions: MartinCy

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010

I don't have time to respond to all 10 of your posts restating the same thing so I will just quote one of them and respond.

Your misquoting what I said. I said "On the other hand Iowa fans think...." I never said it personally.

"Ohio St. played the same last two teams Indiana & Minnesota the last couple weeks and had a lot harder time with them than Iowa. If you watch the games Iowa's offensive line looks to really be coming together. On the other hand Iowa fans think the win against OSU doesn't look like much now and WVU is overrated. I think if Iowa beats Maryland like they should next weekend you have to give them credit for playing well."

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
You’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. The scoreboard shows 3 big ten wins and 1 loss against the Big 12. So, you’ve just posted garbage.

I dont think we can ignore the matchups but the tOSU and TOE were favored in those matchups. Maryland is the lone upset between these two conferences and they were playing in Baltimore so its tough to read much into the 1st week of the year so saying the record is the say all end all doesnt hold up in these conversations (i.e. look at how the playoff committee treats Ws and Ls).

Clearly UT is a better team now than they were in week one, clearly ISU is a better team now than they were in Sept and the same could be said for most other schools. What can't be ignored is who on your schedule is truly feared by other opponents. For TOE it is PSU and Wisky (the latter being unimpressive at this point in the year). No one is scared of playing MN, Purdue, Indiana, IL, UNI, NIU, or Nebby). FWIW i think NW, Mary, ISU, PSU, and WISC all put solid teams on the field but none are considered Elite at this point in the season. TOE has a good draw for a schedule (all but PSU are in Kinnick and ISU was the first game of the year).

To say TOE doesnt have a favorable schedule is disingenuous. On the other hand, to say they have not been impressive in how they have handled their schedule, is also disingenuous. they can be a good team and have a weak schedule.

Is the BigXII stacked this year? no, but top to bottom it is a tougher schedule than what TOE faces. There is no doubt TOE, TCU, OSU, and Tex on the road are all tougher games and environments than TOE faces on their schedule while ranked WVU and Tech (likely ranked at 5-2 by then) at home are tough matchups.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City

I don't have time to respond to all 10 of your posts restating the same thing so I will just quote one of them and respond.

Your misquoting what I said. I said "On the other hand Iowa fans think...." I never said it personally.

"Ohio St. played the same last two teams Indiana & Minnesota the last couple weeks and had a lot harder time with them than Iowa. If you watch the games Iowa's offensive line looks to really be coming together. On the other hand Iowa fans think the win against OSU doesn't look like much now and WVU is overrated. I think if Iowa beats Maryland like they should next weekend you have to give them credit for playing well."

I think it's time to......... Let it go.jpg