*** Official #6 West Virginia VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
CR Gazette / KCRG-TV pick'em panel in today's paper edition--all six are picking West Virginia.

The Gazette sends entire staff to all reaches of Big 10 country to cover their precious hawkeyes, while hiring some hack intern named Ben Visser to cover ISU, where Ben has picked AGAINST ISU every week of the year sans Akron game. Good gawd

So, he's 4-1?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Agree. Any comments about CMC gone at the end of the season?

You are getting ahead of yourself.

Herbie is playing the long game. Rooting for ISU to win a few, THEN the he can ramp up the CMC hype train. He may not know college football but he does know how to engineer the hype train.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
You are getting ahead of yourself.

Herbie is playing the long game. Rooting for ISU to win a few, THEN the he can ramp up the CMC hype train. He may not know college football but he does know how to engineer the hype train.
Or get on our good side before we get gameday and boo him all morning

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Friend's wife has this all figured out! (And so does the Mountaineer booster on the left!)
maxresdefault.jpg

She's even got her cardinal swimsuit on!

Reactions: cycophagus

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
OSU belly flop? KSU getting better? Some of each?

Makes me even more unsure what's going to happen in today's game.

View attachment 58944
Yes, but let's not get too caught up in trying to apply transitive properties to football. The Kstate outcome makes one wonder why our D couldn't hold them to fewer points perhaps, but I didn't watch the K-state game. Maybe OSU gave us a much better shot. Maybe Surly and the Forces of EMAW were channeling life force into the Vampire and his minions.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Yes, but let's not get too caught up in trying to apply transitive properties to football. The Kstate outcome makes one wonder why our D couldn't hold them to fewer points perhaps, but I didn't watch the K-state game. Maybe OSU gave us a much better shot. Maybe Surly and the Forces of EMAW were channeling life force into the Vampire and his minions.
Bill%20Snyder%20the%20Purple%20Wizard.jpg

Reactions: CloneLawman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
People need to remember KSu basically throttled OSU last year and ISU was in place to win vs. both regardless of what they did in other games.

Tonight is about what West Virginia and ISU do vs.each other.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
How a team plays vs one team has nothing to do with how they play vs another team...sports doesnt work this way....ever.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1