How do ya get rid of the cookies disclaimer!?!?

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
lol, I wasn't expecting this to be the topic. I immediately thought of mint Oreos. Probably because I'm starving myself to make sure I look good in the dress I'm wearing to my friend's wedding tomorrow.
Food.....

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
giphy.gif

Reactions: ca4cy

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I’m trying to figure out how toss the incredibly annoying cookies disclaimer that’s taking up half my I-phone screen. Any ideas? And yes, I’ve attempted nunerous times to “accept” the terms...

Me as well. I'd like to put it in the same place as the Deezer banner ad.

steveocy

Jun 19, 2006
I have given up trying to access this site from either my Android phone or my iPad. Every time I get the pop up ad, which isn't a big deal, the "hide" bottom banner ad that is transparent on every page, and the accept cookies disclaimer. I understand the need for the ads, but being transparent when I go to click the accept cookies disclaimer it then opens up a link to whatever ad is there. I believe I only get the transparent ad on my phone, but maybe it is also there on the iPad, but the screen is bigger so I don't notice it.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

OregonCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 4, 2010
North Canton, Ohio
I’m trying to figure out how toss the incredibly annoying cookies disclaimer that’s taking up half my I-phone screen. Any ideas? And yes, I’ve attempted nunerous times to “accept” the terms...

Appreciate the humor in the responses, but no one has yet answered the question. I get this popup all the time on my iPhone also, and it is almost impossible to get rid of, no matter how many times I hit ACCEPT. Renders CF all but unusable.

A more basic question is who puts this popup on my display in the first place? CF or some insidious third party? Rather strange that the popup prompts me to accept cookies every single time I open CF, but placement of a cookie should make the popup go away until it is removed. Very suspicious.

steveocy

Jun 19, 2006

Appreciate the humor in the responses, but no one has yet answered the question. I get this popup all the time on my iPhone also, and it is almost impossible to get rid of, no matter how many times I hit ACCEPT. Renders CF all but unusable.

A more basic question is who puts this popup on my display in the first place? CF or some insidious third party? Rather strange that the popup prompts me to accept cookies every single time I open CF, but placement of a cookie should make the popup go away until it is removed. Very suspicious.

Pretty much every website I have visited in the past couple of months (timeline may be longer) has had an accept updated cookies policy. The difference is that those ones actually work and don't ask you again the next time you visit.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
I also had the cookie notification where neither the "accept" or "learn more" buttons could be clicked. For me it went away when I logged in. Both Chrome and Safari on my iPhone behaved the same.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Mobile CF isn't good. Scrolling issues and ads taking up a third of my screen. I have the same issue as OP having me log in all the time and then ask to accept cookies. I dont have these issues on any other board.

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
I came to ask the same question. I get the cookies pop up every time I get on the site which is very irritating. And now I am getting a pop-up add over the top of it so that I cannot even accept it!

Is there anyone of authority that checks this part of the site to give a straight insightful answer????????

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
I also had the cookie notification where neither the "accept" or "learn more" buttons could be clicked. For me it went away when I logged in. Both Chrome and Safari on my iPhone behaved the same.

FYI... On the iPhone Chrome and Safari are the same browser. Sure they are different apps, but under the hood their code is the same. That is because Apple doesn't allow any other browser on iOS except its own...

That said CF is basically unusable from an iPhone. The ads and the GDPR cookie message give you about an inch of screen to actually read anything.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
FYI... On the iPhone Chrome and Safari are the same browser. Sure they are different apps, but under the hood their code is the same. That is because Apple doesn't allow any other browser on iOS except its own...

That said CF is basically unusable from an iPhone. The ads and the GDPR cookie message give you about an inch of screen to actually read anything.

Agree and half the time you can't click accept because the ad is in the way.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Even when I go to log on on my laptop between the cookies disclaimer and the consumables pop up I struggle to even get to the log in information. It isn't as bad as mobile because I can eventually get it to close but the consumables pop up appears to be loading for quite some time and it doesn't care that I am madly punching the X to close it.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

Rapplegt

Apr 7, 2006

We all email Chris once a week, at least, with our complaint until it's fixed. I sent a message a while ago, but need to do so again. I just switch to another site if it takes too long and never use their app. I do log in to the site using a browser on my I-phone and it works OK, usually.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I get it's due to the EU being horrible but agree with everyone that it's continued popup after accepting is bad. Reading the EU law it doesn't require this level of repeating. Heck I got to websites likely more visited by Europeans than this site all the time and rarely get the cookie heads up. Seems like the EU law may have no teeth if I don't have to agree to cookies every time I go to espn.