Thank you Zeb and Kyle for your service...

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yep, every QB that’s taken a snap going back to the post Arnaud era has looked like the future of the program and a world beater shortly before being benched for the next savior.

That being said what impressed me the most was that he did this without the benefit of being able to lean on Montgomery. A true zone/read package with Montgomery makes me go from 6 to midnight.

POST Arnaud? Looks like someone has forgotten Phil Bates and Jerome Tiller.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
It gets much tougher after teams get some film on him. Besides the obvious injury risks to running your QB that much I think there are plenty of reps left for several QB's.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
We've all seen this a lot over the years, but this one feels different. We all knew Kempt's limitations, and Zeb has looked good at times, but never really knocked my socks off. It's definitely possible Purdy comes out and lays an egg next week, but everything just seemed to work a lot better when he was in there today. He looked like a legit D1 QB out there.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yep, every QB that’s taken a snap going back to the post Arnaud era has looked like the future of the program and a world beater shortly before being benched for the next savior.

That being said what impressed me the most was that he did this without the benefit of being able to lean on Montgomery. A true zone/read package with Montgomery makes me go from 6 to midnight.

Very good point. Having Montgomery to worry about as well will make a difference.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones12321

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I think the thing that impressed me most, outside of his run ability, was how accurate his passes were. Nice touch on the deep ball, minus the one int, and another I can remember to Butler.
I know this play isnt sustainable, but crazier things have happened. Just not at ISU

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think the thing that impressed me most, outside of his run ability, was how accurate his passes were. Nice touch on the deep ball, minus the one int, and another I can remember to Butler.
I know this play isnt sustainable, but crazier things have happened. Just not at ISU

This is how I felt. And quite honestly, the INT wasn’t AWFUL. It was a 50/50ball that would have gone to Eaton (I think that was the receiver) if Purdy was able to get it about six inches further.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Richardson would have turned out a lot better under a different staff.

I don’t see the current circumstance or situation as negative. It’s not as though Kempt and Noland have failed. Kempt is injured and Noland had one bad game. But the staff clearly has more confidence in Purdy and that makes a difference.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
POST Arnaud? Looks like someone has forgotten Phil Bates and Jerome Tiller.
Phil's situation was frustrating. The guy is an athlete and we all thought he'd be great in the slot like Austin Flynn, but then a situation arose with comments like Wes Johnson in bball. Phil goes to Ohio and I remember that Boo Williams looked a lot better, so then what happens? Phil plays WR and some slot and makes the NFL.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The main thing that would make him the guy would be that I thought his mobility simply fit ISU's scheme better.

Let's see what happens next week after WV has a week to prep for him, and vice versa.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There's a reason Purdy got a chance in the first place. He has earned this in practice, this isn't just another flash in the pan. Purdy is for real. Be ready for more of the same and better when Montgomery is back and the team gels with the new leader.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I remember when we thought Steele Jantz was going to be the man. What Purdy did today was impressive and definitely raises some questions. But like others have said we do this a lot with quarterbacks. Lets give him another start or two and see how it goes. Was really hoping he would get a shot and put in a performance like this.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
The main thing I see with Purdy I like is he threatens the defense in several ways. He can make all the throws just as Zeb can. But he also can run the ball as well. If he gets help from his teammates I think theres no limit on what he can do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron