More Discussion of Tupac Than The Game Tomorrow

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There might be more excitement if this team was more enjoyable to watch. Unfortunately they are extremely boring to watch.

Until we see something offensively, I don't think we'll see much excitement leading up to games.

Okie State averages 44 points per game this season, so our great defense will probably hold them to about 27 or so, but our offense will score about 13..... so that will be my prediction.... OSU 27, ISU 13..... and we'll be very boring to watch once again.

C'mon CMC, surprise me and make me look like a fool.... PLEASE!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jer

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is there any interest in the football game tomorrow? Seems like this board is more of a politics and off-topic board for Iowans more than a Cyclone board*.

*Not counting the trash in the CyTwins threads.
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
Like a great Cyclone sports message board analyst once said, "“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened…or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.” - Tupac

andyokstate

Mar 5, 2013
Could Tupac throw a deep post route?

I just hope OSU wins. Tech throttled us - we scored zero points in the 2nd half against them. At home. I think Tech had the ball for something like 43 minutes. Our stud LB (Bundage) played hurt for much of that game, then was out for the KU game. I've read that he's going to be back for ISU, but wonder what shape he'll be in. Montgomery will have a good day, most likely. We are really thin at LB.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016

I just hope OSU wins. Tech throttled us - we scored zero points in the 2nd half against them. At home. I think Tech had the ball for something like 43 minutes. Our stud LB (Bundage) played hurt for much of that game, then was out for the KU game. I've read that he's going to be back for ISU, but wonder what shape he'll be in. Montgomery will have a good day, most likely. We are really thin at LB.

Montgomery is more than likely not gonna play. Or at least be extremely limited.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Read much on here and you will find that we are thin at offense.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
There might be more excitement if this team was more enjoyable to watch. Unfortunately they are extremely boring to watch.

Until we see something offensively, I don't think we'll see much excitement leading up to games.

Okie State averages 44 points per game this season, so our great defense will probably hold them to about 27 or so, but our offense will score about 13..... so that will be my prediction.... OSU 27, ISU 13..... and we'll be very boring to watch once again.

C'mon CMC, surprise me and make me look like a fool.... PLEASE!

Quoting for when your all twisted up like a pretzel during basketball season and you can’t understand why it’s hard for a team to not be in the top 25 of both offense and defense.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Definitely need a good victory to jump start the enthusiasm. Last year we had the Oklahoma and TCU wins...but the back half really wasn't as exciting and thankfully the Memphis win overcame the KState abomination. There is opportunity here given that we have already played the top defenses...but the offense has got to stop being offensive.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've slipped into cautiously wait and see mode. It's far from a lost season at this point. But a few more losses strung together and it's time for some hoops.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

andyokstate

Mar 5, 2013
Montgomery is more than likely not gonna play. Or at least be extremely limited.

Ouch. That sucks - I hope it is nothing serious. He could play for any team in the country.

So basically you're telling me that tomorrow is the start of the 2019 Heisman campaign for Lang? Our defense has a way of showcasing the opposing team's 2nd and 3rd string offensive players. Who will most likely take most of his snaps? I just did a quick look at stats for ISU. I knew that Montgomery played his way to be the starter, but I was surprised that Warren has had zero carries on the year. What gives? His freshman year was outstanding.

Reactions: khardbored

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Seems like there isn't much to guess with what you will see in an Iowa State game these days. The game will be pretty close from a score standpoint throughout, will come down to who makes a few plays in the 4th.

6/8 OSU TD drives the last two weeks were under 2 minutes. Make them grind it out, similar to what you need to do against TCU and eventually a guy will try to hurdle someone standing up. Mostly concerned with Justice Hill in making this happen.

OSU is 104th in pass defense. Need something from the QB & WRs to win.

31-27 good guys.

andyokstate

Mar 5, 2013
And I just noticed the thread about Warren. I didn't realize he was fumble prone. 8 fumbles lost his first two years. His freshman year, I remember thinking how did we miss on him - he's from Oklahoma. In any case, I give him props for sticking with his commitment.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've slipped into cautiously wait and see mode. It's far from a lost season at this point. But a few more losses strung together and it's time for some hoops.

It's just been a rough year. The first game really sort of killed my enthusiasm, then the CBR game was just sad. I've basically stayed away from everything resembling football. I haven't even listened to the Pods, which I generally do 100% of the time. I don't know, just been a weird year.

• Agree
Reactions: KnappShack

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Start a thread about Iowa State football...22 post replies

Start a thread about literally anything Iowa... 18,000 post replies

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Quoting for when your all twisted up like a pretzel during basketball season and you can’t understand why it’s hard for a team to not be in the top 25 of both offense and defense.

So you have fun watching our offense? You think we've had a good scheme going so far this year? You're liking what you're seeing?

Help Support Us

Become a patron