NFL: ***Official Week 4 Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Potential NFC Championship preview tonight as the Vikes travel to LA on a short week to play the Rams. Tough turnaround for the Vikings but they're catching a break with the Rams missing both of their starting corners. Plus they're getting Elflein back in the lineup and they think Cook will be good to go. This is going to be a really good game. I think I like the Rams, but it could easily go either way.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Vikes just lost to the Bills at home. Now they go to LA to face the Rams. Are the Vikings really that good? I'm not a Viking hater (read: not a Packer or Bear fan) but I think they're a bit over-rated. Give me the Rams. But if Cousins could throw to Thielen as much as possible that would be great.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Vikes just lost to the Bills at home. Now they go to LA to face the Rams. Are the Vikings really that good? I'm not a Viking hater (read: not a Packer or Bear fan) but I think they're a bit over-rated. Give me the Rams. But if Cousins could throw to Thielen as much as possible that would be great.

The thing is that I don't really trust either team's QB in big games yet. If I was a Vikes fan I'd be concerned about the pass rush getting after Cousins and forcing some mistakes, but that's mitigated a bit by Peters and Talib both being out. And the Rams can be run on. Kind of surprising with Donald and Suh up front but they're giving up five yards a carry. If Minnesota can limit the explosive plays and slow the game down they can pull it off. That said, I'm going with the home team. Should be a good one though.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Everson Griffen was a wayy larger piece to that defense's success than people realize, IMO. Weatherly didn't play terrible in replacement, but it is not the same defense without him. That and Mike Hughes still isn't a polished CB for NFL standards, so he will get beat at least once or twice a game for a big play(if it is converted).

My biggest worry for the Vikings, and was this off season, was out biggest glaring need was an improved O-Line. And we essentially stayed put there. No big signing or even really any attempt. Our O-Line cannot pass block against the best of the best, they can run block alright from what I can tell, but I would be shocked if the O can put up more than 20 points because of our O-Line and Their front 4.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Everson Griffen was a wayy larger piece to that defense's success than people realize, IMO. Weatherly didn't play terrible in replacement, but it is not the same defense without him. That and Mike Hughes still isn't a polished CB for NFL standards, so he will get beat at least once or twice a game for a big play(if it is converted).

My biggest worry for the Vikings, and was this off season, was out biggest glaring need was an improved O-Line. And we essentially stayed put there. No big signing or even really any attempt. Our O-Line cannot pass block against the best of the best, they can run block alright from what I can tell, but I would be shocked if the O can put up more than 20 points because of our O-Line and Their front 4.
I would add that what offensive lineman they had got hurt so they are playing the backups to a less than effective line.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Prime is streaming games this year, Four different Audio options, Fox, Fox Deportes, UK Feed (Two brits, they uh, aren't that knowledgeable), and Hannah Storm-Andrea Kremer.

Go out of your way to listen to Storm-Kremer, despite neither one having played in the sport, they both have a wealth of knowledge. Storm is generally doing PBP, Kremer is essentially Color. There's points of silence (You can hear Storm playing with notes it seems like) but Both are running off facts and notes from the season so far about every player. (They honestly seem irritated when Fox puts up irrelevant fluff)

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Man I thought the Vikings Defense was supposed to be their strength. That last one was a good throw but some have been wide open.

• Agree
Reactions: CychiatricWard

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Undisciplined as hell this year. Flag, flag, flag. That wasn't defensive holding, but cant do that.

Aaaand, touchdown Rams. They're winning it all.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Rams vs Chiefs might hit 100 points. Has that happened in an NFL game?

Cyfan1998

Sep 19, 2018
Can the nfl find refs that actually know the rules. How do you pick that flag up? Ridiculous

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
This Rams offense is incredible
Rams look like the team to beat. Think if they had healthy Talib playing...

Chiefs defense isn't good enough, same for Pats and Steelers. I can see the Jaguars having the best chance to beat them.