Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Good choice I made today skipped the 2nd half of the Vikes game got my yard done. Only 6 or 9 points scored in the 2nd half.
During church yesterday, I'd decided that I had too much to do and wouldn't watch this game after I finished lunch. By the time I'd finished lunch, the score was 24-0. I think I made the right decision and I believe that spending 3.5 hours straight with a pressure washer was preferable to watching that game.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The older daughter had a tennis tournament last weekend. The temp was over 90 according to my car with very little wind. The younger daughter had a tournament this weekend. The temp was under 60 with 15 mph wind.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The older daughter had a tennis tournament last weekend. The temp was over 90 according to my car with very little wind. The younger daughter had a tournament this weekend. The temp was under 60 with 15 mph wind.

Sunday got hot. I wore jeans and a Tshirt. Had a jacket with since I thought I would be chilly. I left the jacket in the vehicle and was sweating from the sun. Was very humid on the field. Kids were as gassed as last week. Had one less. Having 16 instead of 15 to play football made a big difference apparently.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I stopped watching before that....just got to far fetched and dumb for me. I LOVE Keri Russell and still quit it.

So you made it through the full frontal of Keri pausing as she stepped out of the shower and quit? I probably should have too, at that point they were just going with pure sex to sell the show.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Has there been a study that shows how likeable a person is just going by their name?

Do people just naturally like a guy named something like Lou or Kermit over something like Jim or John?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
During church yesterday, I'd decided that I had too much to do and wouldn't watch this game after I finished lunch. By the time I'd finished lunch, the score was 24-0. I think I made the right decision and I believe that spending 3.5 hours straight with a pressure washer was preferable to watching that game.
I was pissed when I saw we were getting KC vs San Fran instead of the Vikings game. About an hour later not so much. I wouldn't have wanted to watch that mess.

I was smoking ribs so I couldn't leave the house so at least I could watch some football without getting sick to my stomach.

I started watching 3 Billboards, I need to go back and finish. What I saw was really good.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Has there been a study that shows how likeable a person is just going by their name?

Do people just naturally like a guy named something like Lou or Kermit over something like Jim or John?

I don't know about studies, but Brians and Als have usually been a major pain my butt. Steve hasn't liked likable to me. Never met a bad George I will say.

BC name, chicks do dig it and flock to it. Always trustworthy and dependable. For women? Michelles are ones I can do without. Nickys have always been "friendly", Renees have been nice and helpful

All generalizations but what I've encountered.

• Informative
Reactions: oldman

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don't know about studies, but Brians and Als have usually been a major pain my butt. Steve hasn't liked likable to me. Never met a bad George I will say.

BC name, chicks do dig it and flock to it. Always trustworthy and dependable. For women? Michelles are ones I can do without. Nickys have always been "friendly", Renees have been nice and helpful

All generalizations but what I've encountered.
I guess it's opposite day.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BCClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I was pissed when I saw we were getting KC vs San Fran instead of the Vikings game. About an hour later not so much. I wouldn't have wanted to watch that mess.

I was smoking ribs so I couldn't leave the house so at least I could watch some football without getting sick to my stomach.

I started watching 3 Billboards, I need to go back and finish. What I saw was really good.

Yes, you do. Very very good film. I want to see it again. McDormand and Rockwell were deserving Oscar winners.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Lou isn’t a real name. It’s like the Berenstein Bears thing. It’s all part of the simulation. No one actually is named Lou.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
So it sounds like $65 is a bargain compared to $250 someone said they had to pay to get it back after being towed from the old KMart parking lot. People will never learn to read signs posted. That is private property.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Well we now have a 1 year old girl...where does the time go.

In preparation for her party yesterday we learned that there is apparently a shortage on helium and the party supply store only had enough to fill their pre-orders. The only other known place in town that had some was one of the Hy-Vees that was reportedly charging $20/balloon to fill.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So it sounds like $65 is a bargain compared to $250 someone said they had to pay to get it back after being towed from the old KMart parking lot. People will never learn to read signs posted. That is private property.
A few years ago I started parking at KMart until last year when they started towing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron