****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
That won’t be an easy one to win. Having to beat out Buzz Williams for a recruit is a difficult task. Fingers crossed we get him, but I won’t hold my breath. What do you all think is the likelihood we land him?

ISU has been the favorite for KyKy for many months. That doesn't mean he ulitimately ends up in Ames since recruiting is fluid. Likelihood is still high. Buzz or no Buzz.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Rivals wrote up a piece on Big 12 recruiting, noting where each team stands and who the top target should be.

Biggest need: The Cyclones have already landed a pair of recruits in wing Marcedus Leech and sharp-shooting combo forward Luke Anderson. Leech is a wild card because he's a former top 50 level prospect who has been out for some time with injuries, so he could be a tremendous value. But, the priority has to be coming up with some Lindell Wigginton insurance, in case the high-scoring combo guard leaves for the NBA.

Best fit: It might be tough to pull athletic combo guard Mario McKinney out of St. Louis at this point, but he would be an ideal fit. He's not quite as skilled as Wigginton is but he has a big-time motor and could play the Cyclones' style of ball.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-each-big-twelve-team-s-biggest-need-best-fit

Related - Rivals article on commitment watch for this weekend with one expert watching Mario who is on Mizzou's campus.
Bossi: I’m going to go ahead and put athletic four-star guard Mario McKinney on commitment watch. Everybody recruiting the St. Louis native has been apprehensive about what could happen once Missouri really decided to turn things up and it looks like that’s happened.

The product of St. Louis had initially been expected to visit Kansas State this weekend but he’ll instead head to see Cuonzo Martin and Mizzou. He’s got family ties to the program, has been to campus before and has long been rumored to be high on the Tigers. If Missouri can land him, it will likely happen quick and I’m sure they are hoping they can parlay that into some momentum with top 50 forward E.J. Liddell, who played with McKinney during the summer and will be visiting this weekend as well.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals-roundtable--134

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Rivals wrote up a piece on Big 12 recruiting, noting where each team stands and who the top target should be.

Biggest need: The Cyclones have already landed a pair of recruits in wing Marcedus Leech and sharp-shooting combo forward Luke Anderson. Leech is a wild card because he's a former top 50 level prospect who has been out for some time with injuries, so he could be a tremendous value. But, the priority has to be coming up with some Lindell Wigginton insurance, in case the high-scoring combo guard leaves for the NBA.

Best fit: It might be tough to pull athletic combo guard Mario McKinney out of St. Louis at this point, but he would be an ideal fit. He's not quite as skilled as Wigginton is but he has a big-time motor and could play the Cyclones' style of ball.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-each-big-twelve-team-s-biggest-need-best-fit

Related - Rivals article on commitment watch for this weekend with one expert watching Mario who is on Mizzou's campus.
Bossi: I’m going to go ahead and put athletic four-star guard Mario McKinney on commitment watch. Everybody recruiting the St. Louis native has been apprehensive about what could happen once Missouri really decided to turn things up and it looks like that’s happened.

The product of St. Louis had initially been expected to visit Kansas State this weekend but he’ll instead head to see Cuonzo Martin and Mizzou. He’s got family ties to the program, has been to campus before and has long been rumored to be high on the Tigers. If Missouri can land him, it will likely happen quick and I’m sure they are hoping they can parlay that into some momentum with top 50 forward E.J. Liddell, who played with McKinney during the summer and will be visiting this weekend as well.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals-roundtable--134

Pretty sure
McKinney is just enjoying the process and is Missouri bound and always has been

• Agree
Reactions: jim4 and Diggame

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Guessing were all in on Tandy now, otherwise probably the juco or grad transfer route. Which I kind of prefer most of the time just because of that they are older and are more proven commodities.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Yeah seems Tandy is the only guard left. I would imagine if we get Tandy we go after a grad transfer or juco to fill the Wigginton spot.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Time to go hard on our remaining guard targets.

If we don’t land one, it will be important to get a good transfer in the spring. That will probably hold true even if we do land one of our HS targets though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron