****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
15 seems like.a ridiculously large amount. Considering kids already release like top 30 lists

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
How many kids can a school have officially visit. Is there a number on that? Like how many recruits can we get in to visit per year?

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
Don't kids have 15 official visits now? I would assume that would mean Iowa State will get one.

I believe there are three time periods in their Jr/Sr years of HS and they can take 5 within each of those time periods. I even think they can officially visit the same school up to 3 times, just not more than once within said time periods. That said, I'm not 100% sure about that and don't know the key dates

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I believe there are three time periods in their Jr/Sr years of HS and they can take 5 within each of those time periods. I even think they can officially visit the same school up to 3 times, just not more than once within said time periods. That said, I'm not 100% sure about that and don't know the key dates
I saw an article elsewhere that said a player can OV a school a second time—after a calendar year has elapsed.

No idea if that’s accurate or not.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonefanwill3

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Any word on visits this weekend? Anyone see any recruits we didn’t know would be on campus?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
This article on Jackson discussing his offer from Gamecocks and it notes that Tre has an official visit to ISU on Sept. 21st. I hadn't seen that mentioned before, though I may have just missed it.

"Jackson took an official visit to Murray State last week and will visit Florida Gulf Coast on Sept. 13-15 and Iowa State on Sept. 21. He isn’t sure when he will take his fifth visit. Jackson plans to announce his decision in November in the fall signing period."

https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article217749500.html

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
What do you know. Prohm and staff find kid, offer, kid starts blowing up.

I like it that Frank Martin is offering. He offers tough kids that might not be heavily recruited that he see's something in. Kind of like Huggins. If Huggins offers a kid I always assume he is a tough kid that has potential.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and LLCoolCY

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Not sure I would consider 1 other P5 offer blowing up but I suppose it could happen as other schools strike out on their original targets or want a backup similar to ISU. This fall is reminding me of the spring of 2017.
Why? We've filled 2/3 of our scholarship openings already with 2 guys that we've wanted from the beginning.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Not sure I would consider 1 other P5 offer blowing up but I suppose it could happen as other schools strike out on their original targets or want a backup similar to ISU. This fall is reminding me of the spring of 2017.

...where we got Marial Shayok, who is going to kill it this year.

...and Michael Jacobson, who is going to give us actual post depth for the first time in something like five years or more.

...right before we hauled in maybe the best prep school class in school history.

Yes, yes, a lot has to play out before we can finally judge the impact of our four incoming freshmen right now, but they have the pedigree.

I do not think you can compare a development big man like Anderson and a high-risk, high-reward tops out at a 5* play like Leech to Beverly and Brase, when those two really were just to fill out the roster when we struck out on all of the transfer guards, Morrow, and were not willing to throw a bag with $$$s on the side at Juiston like his camp wanted.

• Winner
Reactions: ComCY

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
tenor.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Anderson has been a top target of ours for a very long time