****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Something to monitor in regards to Tre Mann's UNC recruitment.
Bacot is a 5 star post who just committed to Roy. Cole Anthony plays PG and is the #2 overall player in the class has been real quiet on his favorites but recently took an unofficial to UNC.

@AdamZagoria Armando Bacot @iget_buckets35 told me he's recruiting @The_ColeAnthony to join him at UNC and is going to 'throw the fullcourt press at him'

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Something to monitor in regards to Tre Mann's UNC recruitment.
Bacot is a 5 star post who just committed to Roy. Cole Anthony plays PG and is the #2 overall player in the class has been real quiet on his favorites but recently took an unofficial to UNC.

@AdamZagoria Armando Bacot @iget_buckets35 told me he's recruiting @The_ColeAnthony to join him at UNC and is going to 'throw the fullcourt press at him'
My guess is Cole Anthony will end up at Duke. He has family ties there (step-mom).

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
My guess is Cole Anthony will end up at Duke. He has family ties there (step-mom).

Very possible. Anthony has held his recruitment very close to the vest to this point. UNC thinking they are a legitimate option could lead to slow playing Mann on a commitment since i think they only have one open scholarship for 2019 as of today. I also assume CA won't be deciding to the spring like most top 10 ranked players. Once again just just something to monitor.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Very possible. Anthony has held his recruitment very close to the vest to this point. UNC thinking they are a legitimate option could lead to slow playing Mann on a commitment since i think they only have one open scholarship for 2019 as of today. I also assume CA won't be deciding to the spring like most top 10 ranked players. Once again just just something to monitor.
Yeah it’s a pretty agreed upon belief that Cole Anthony will be waiting until the spring to decide. Could help us I suppose if UNC feels good about their chances. It’s also possible they take him and Mann though so who knows.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Prohm's recruiting focus, seems pretty obvious from looking at the staff targets but now confirmed.

@AlexHalsted On the 2019 recruiting class, Steve Prohm said the focus is on getting a coupe guards. He said they may take one forward if they get one of the one or two targets they have. One of those is Luke Anderson, who will visit next weekend.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Prohm's recruiting focus, seems pretty obvious from looking at the staff targets but now confirmed.

@AlexHalsted On the 2019 recruiting class, Steve Prohm said the focus is on getting a coupe guards. He said they may take one forward if they get one of the one or two targets they have. One of those is Luke Anderson, who will visit next weekend.

So of the guard targets remaining on the board, anyone have odds on likelihood of signing with ISU? From what I read here (no personal inside info) Tandy seems the odds on favorite, but who is next most likely? If Tandy doesn't sign with the Clones, who are the next two most likely?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
So of the guard targets remaining on the board, anyone have odds on likelihood of signing with ISU? From what I read here (no personal inside info) Tandy seems the odds on favorite, but who is next most likely? If Tandy doesn't sign with the Clones, who are the next two most likely?
PJ Fuller and Tre Mann seem like long shots. But I find it hard to believe Prohm would press soo hard, so late, if he didn't feel like there was some chance of landing one of them.

I am probably being optimistic there, however.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
PJ Fuller and Tre Mann seem like long shots. But I find it hard to believe Prohm would press soo hard, so late, if Prohm didn't feel like there was some chance of landing one of them.

I am probably being optimistic there, however.

Is Leech considered one of the guards or do they consider him a slasher type Clyburn type?

If Tandy commits soon. We will then be able to focus all energy on one remaining player that is ranked high.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Tandy is the most likely at this point. I would like to see McKinney set an official visit, but he looks to be the second most likely at this point. The staff had been impressed with Fuller in the summer and I would think he'd be one they'd prioritize but not sure if he'll leave the west coast in the end.
It wouldn't surprise me if we learn of a new name or two that set visits soon. Halliburton wasn't a hot name in the 2018 cycle until late August.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Is Leech considered one of the guards or do they consider him a slasher type Clyburn type?

If Tandy commits soon. We will then be able to focus all energy on one remaining player that is ranked high.

I believe CSP said at the start of the summer they were looking for a Wing in addtion to a guard and post for the class. Since they are now looking at G's and a Post he has filled that position on their summer list.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Help Support Us

Become a patron