Subaru Outback

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
As a Subaru guy I'll chime in. The non turbos will run forever. I had a 99 Forester L that was over 230k miles before I sold it (it was still running strong).

I currently have a 2007 Impreza WRX with over 170k miles and a 2004 Forester XT with 225k miles that both have had or need an engine rebuild. The unequal length header with the extra back pressure from the turbo tends to cause ring failure.

TLDR: they're great cars if you don't get a turbo.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I love going back to Iowa and still seeing the old Luminas, Bonnevilles, and Grand Prixs on the road. It's encouraging to see people take care of their stuff enough to keep those old cars running.

I would agree to that when it comes to any older automobile. However, it's different when the folks driving those still think they're the coolest person in high school because they have that Grand Prix...even though they're a solid 10 years removed from their senior year.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
That was a Beretta GT, bro. Had to trade up from my Z28 Cav and t-top Iroc-Z.

Oh wow...that reminds me. I was in TN on a bike trip. Went to go ride the Tail of the Dragon. Get to the one end and there it was in all of its glory...a Chevy Beretta car club. I was honestly impressed there were a dozen in such good shape.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron