Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'll be down in Wailea for 10 days. Heard it's kinda slow but that's fine. I ain't trying to go hard on my Hawaiian vacation

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Proud mom moment. Recovered remains from a USMC Pfc from the battle of Tarawa in WWII. One of the saddest duties an officer can perform.
39129685_1968703299876439_645153076256178176_o.jpg

Huh, the Army version tells the officer not to kneel, but to bend smartly at the waist, extend the flag, and deliver the speech.
It's quite a thing to look into a widow's eyes to say thanks like that. I was glad that it was a WW2 vet each time. I got the feeling that these families had some time to prepare for their separation.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
All you Hawaiian vacation copycats :p

@ImJustKCClone you will probably want to rent a car and I'd do that once you have your lodging booked (sounds like you do). Rental cars tend to go a bit faster since pretty much everyone gets one.

Not sure if Pants has other suggestions, but we used this site to reserve ours. You don't pay until you pick up the car. They had the best rates and because you don't pay til you show up, it means you can keep checking the price, see if it goes down, cancel your reservation and make a new one if you want.

https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
All you Hawaiian vacation copycats :p

@ImJustKCClone you will probably want to rent a car and I'd do that once you have your lodging booked (sounds like you do). Rental cars tend to go a bit faster since pretty much everyone gets one.

Not sure if Pants has other suggestions, but we used this site to reserve ours. You don't pay until you pick up the car. They had the best rates and because you don't pay til you show up, it means you can keep checking the price, see if it goes down, cancel your reservation and make a new one if you want.

https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/
We're trying to avoid renting a car for the whole stay as parking at our hotel is valet, and $32 per day. Blerg! We figured the only time we'd really NEED one was when we went on the North Shore road. Maybe we're being optimistic. :D

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Hawaii 5-0 has done pretty well, but Magnum was, well...Magnum. And the hot babes & beaches thing may not translate well to modern times. We'll see.

I always liked Quigley Down Under and High Road To China, but recent re-watches of those movies has brought me an entirely new perspective on vintage Tom Selleck. Damn, he was really good-looking.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
GLOAT ALERT

Had our year end rewards discussion today with my manager....

Back the Brinks truck up baby! Got the max bonus I could get at my level! Plus I got an out of sync promotion! I am gonna take a half day and get wasted! WOOOOOO

giphy.gif

This makes me SO HAPPY for you! For some reason, companies are still being stingy with raises, and it's nice to see someone get what they deserve for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron