Urban Meyer Lied About Ohio State Coach's Domestic Abuse

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Last week I thought Urb was a goner for sure. A week later and it almost seems like a sure thing he stays now.

The first day, I thought Urban was gone. Then thoughts about the amount of money involved led me to think that he would stay.

Once Ohio State set an end date for the investigation, I assumed immediately that he would be staying and his team would "overcome this off the field adversity" with "great courage."

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
McMurphy came out and said he will not reveal his sources but can say 100% that Herman wasn't his source and neither was Herman's wife.

I thought Herman's denial had interesting wording. Claimed it was not him nor anyone in his family. Could have easily been a friend or member of his current coaching staff.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
The first day, I thought Urban was gone. Then thoughts about the amount of money involved led me to think that he would stay.

Once Ohio State set an end date for the investigation, I assumed immediately that he would be staying and his team would "overcome this off the field adversity" with "great courage."

When you put it that way, that's almost enough to cover up a loss that may otherwise keep them out of the playoff this year...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Repeating but when OSU has a magical season Herbie and Co. will ride the adversity carpet all the way. This kind of stuff is ratings gold even if it means it's controversial and wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

swessball

Mar 23, 2016
I'm probably in the minority at this point, but I still think Meyer is gone. Sounds like we should know one way or another in about a week.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I'm probably in the minority at this point, but I still think Meyer is gone. Sounds like we should know one way or another in about a week.
The moment tOSU put out a timeline of the investigation is what sealed his safety for me. Annoucing a date = decision is already made. That tells me he's in the clear.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and heitclone

swessball

Mar 23, 2016
The moment tOSU put out a timeline of the investigation is what sealed his safety for me. Annoucing a date = decision is already made. That tells me he's in the clear.
Yeah, announcing the date is suspect for sure. But I think OSU wants this thing wrapped up before Zach and Courtney's court date in early September where god knows what could be revealed.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

You're making quite an assumption - those on that investigative committee lack integrity, and just want Meyer as the OSU coach regardless of any evidence.
Where do you get that from? There are some pretty high achievers in that group.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay

I think it is key whether or not the university feels they can fire him for cause or not. Its very obvious that Urb is being very careful in everything he says to make sure he's following the guidelines of his contract.

The other thoughts I had initially were that Tressel got fired for something much less. And OSU has historically shown they are not shy to fire there coaches. The last coach to leave of his own accord would have been before Woody. So clearly the administration thinks they can win regardless who the coach is....and I think their probably right.

• Friendly
Reactions: sunset

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I think it is key whether or not the university feels they can fire him for cause or not. Its very obvious that Urb is being very careful in everything he says to make sure he's following the guidelines of his contract.

The other thoughts I had initially were that Tressel got fired for something much less. And OSU has historically shown they are not shy to fire there coaches. The last coach to leave of his own accord would have been before Woody. So clearly the administration thinks they can win regardless who the coach is....and I think their probably right.
Tressel wasn't technically fired, he resigned.

• Funny
Reactions: FarminCy

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
What is this supposed to prove? That Smith was a bad guy? If you weren't convinced by the pictures of his battered wife, this isn't going to change anything. Seems sort of petty by McMurphy

Gotta remember that McMurphy is still between jobs - he had to break the story via social media (Facebook post?) the first time. Part of this could be because it is the only story he is working on and also McMurphy trying to stay relevant with the hopes of getting a job offer from a major media outlet. But I agree with you, there’s nothing in at least this initial post that is more “disturbing” than assaulting his spouse multiple times.