Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Rest In Peace, Sadie Alvarado.

Watched KCCI would have been nice if they would have posted a pic or at least more about her story instead of leaving the Tibbet's story in the background. But they may not have had time to get a picture from her family or however they do that.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Watched KCCI would have been nice if they would have posted a pic or at least more about her story instead of leaving the Tibbet's story in the background. But they may not have had time to get a picture from her family or however they do that.

News sources outside of Iowa used social media pictures.

The boyfriend does make guys who leave their sick girlfriends in the other room to potentially aspirate their own vomit look like a great catch in comparison.;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Outside of someone pulling a gun on me, I would never leave anybody in a non safe place. I don’t understand kicking someone out or not stopping and trying to give them a ride somewhere if they did jump.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Mean people. Vane people. Sanctimonious People. Kind of bored of all of them. BORING. Predictive programming is so.....predictive.
Baez homer to center....cool. Not boring. His television advertisment with the ambulance chaser is off-putting...but I have to admit not boring.

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hey @NWICY , you working Minnesota this coming weekend? High probability I'll be leading an alumni bike ride from Cannon Falls to Red Wing Sunday afternoon. Just posted a feeler on our FB page and got some interest. 40 miles round trip, scenic.

@VeloClone , you and your gang are welcome if you want to ride with lesser mere mortal bikers. There probably won't be any draftlines. o_O

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Kudos to all of you who take the time to help teach your kids how to drive. I've never thought it was fair to the kid who had to learn in drivers ed. It really isn't enough practice to turn a 16 yr old out on their own imo.

My niece was in the drivers ed car with a girl and the drivers ed instructor told her to turn right so she did right into a ditch full of snow. No one else drove that day class was done by the time the tow truck pulled them out.
It's not completely altruistic. We are required to ride with them for 40 or 50 hours prior to them getting a license.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Story on the news about a guy moving in with a history of molesting horses. Local horse owners saying they aren't happy about it. Authorities say - and I quote - "people have nothing to worry about"

Well, yeah, it's not the people he's interested in.......

Man, I thought my stations had bad reports. Wisconsin has the three amigos. Trim the hedges, rape the horses and rode off on the women.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hey @NWICY , you working Minnesota this coming weekend? High probability I'll be leading an alumni bike ride from Cannon Falls to Red Wing Sunday afternoon. Just posted a feeler on our FB page and got some interest. 40 miles round trip, scenic.

@VeloClone , you and your gang are welcome if you want to ride with lesser mere mortal bikers. There probably won't be any draftlines. o_O
It sounds like fun. I have never ridden down there but have always wanted to. But, alas, we are taking a quick family vacation next week. Will probably be meeting the in-laws on Sunday to get underway.

SDMIT1914.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.