Is Fran building a regional powerhouse or just calling Iowa fans idiots and morons?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-31_23-37-59.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-31_23-37-59.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 26

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Frans got such a great track record of making PG’s great. Those recent offers will be playing like 5 stars under Fran

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Way to add to the discussion, staff member.
Pfft.

It's a legit take. Let's review what's happened. The Hawks miss out on a big time PG, then insist that they are fine at PG, and don't need to take one in 2019, then spam offers out to a bunch of 3 star guys with little in the way of power 5 interest.

It'd be different if it was just one offer. I might believe that Fran had discovered some diamond in the rough. But not with 3 offers on the same day. That's just throwing stuff at the wall.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Fran is spraying an praying...3 at once for the old spaghetti at the wall and hope something sticks.

It is odd the staff was telling the media after the Carton commit they were fine at PG in 2019 and wouldn't need to even offer one. Two weeks later, they bypass a couple they have been know to be recuriting and offer 3 other diamond in the rough Fran specials. It is an 180 degree in their strategy.
I think Fran was convinced Carton was coming to EIU and if not his Son could play the PG in his place, thus not even building true quality fall back option. Then again Fran's plan all along may have been to have Connor start in 2019 and only getting Carton would prevent that, none of these current three offers will likely be P6 quality starter as a freshman or even a couple years after that considering their offers..

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol what has been fluid to change your opinion? 3 weeks ago you didn't want Iowa to offer a PG and now you're talking yourself into it

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This is what is considered a legit take by a staff member over here?

Oh ****! You're not on the message board moderator oversight committee are you? Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Please don't write me up. I've got a wife and kids. I was just screwing around when I said that Fran smelled, honest. I didn't mean it. Please, just have mercy on a guy who just got carried away, willya? I've already got two strikes against me. One more and they'll take away my license. Look in your heart! Look in your heart!

EDIT: on the off chance that you're not a moderator overseer, and are instead just some pissant Hok troll, let me respond differently:
"Go **** yourself!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron