New Uniforms Revealed

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
White aways are great, the other two are alright. Wish the home ones were better. Sucks not having gold alternates or the grays (I was starting to like them last year.)

The Liberty Bowl helmets are great, glad we will see those in the rotation. Bugle helmet/logo...good riddance!

I liked those too, but how are they going to fit with these new unis? I think the chrome red will not match any red on the new white or red unis. Could wear the chromes with the black, but that's where they should have put some sort of red trim on the black.

I like Stanford's matte black helmet with red logo. And I also like Louisville's chrome helmet with the red logo. Wish ISU would have done something similar.

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
Every time someone references throwbacks I have to remind them of this:

tricelost4.jpg

But thank you. I love your rendition.

i know, but i was talking about the actual throwbacks from a few years ago because that's the gold that i prefer.

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
This would be my ideal version of the new unis. No black, more gold, gold sleeve stripe thingy instead of tonal, no outline on the numbers, and carry over the stripe onto the helmet. View attachment 56414

The logo is BEAUtiful, but I will never get behind gold helmets or pants. The gold should be used as outlining and logos.

Can someone create a red helmet with Amestoplease logo on it, with the new red jerseys and red pants?

Or white helmet and white pants with new jersey and ames to please logo

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
i know, but i was talking about the actual throwbacks from a few years ago because that's the gold that i prefer.

I know. Just pointing out the historical inaccuracy. :D

The logo is BEAUtiful, but I will never get behind gold helmets or pants. The gold should be used as outlining and logos.

That's too bad.

BQccm6TCcAAc_LK.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Man, seeing those side-by-side pictures with the old uni's really put it in perspective

The new ones are light years better...those shoulder stripes were horrendous

Did you know that the color scheme of the South End Zone was made so that the thin diagonal sections looked like the uniform shoulder stripes?

I'm sure I heard Ben Bruns say so.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks again amestoplease. I really appreciate the photoshop skills and your willingness to share your freelance projects. Same goes for Kagavi, t-noah and the others I'm surely forgetting.

i'm usually down to mock up what people suggest and want to see because i know that this is entertaining for a lot of people and that most people don't have the capability to tweak this stuff. what disappoints me is the viewpoint of some that most of these designs aren't even possible and that photoshop is the only world this stuff can ever live in. it feels to me like the hunger for something new and cool has been there for so long that 'hey, it's not the worst thing ever!' is the bar that has been set as celebration-worthy. i understand that iowa state isn't going to get the same customized treatment from nike as some of the national powerhouse schools, but if black jerseys with white and grey accents is your secret weapon to rile up recruits or signify to the fanbase that you're relevant/current, i'm left feeling like a rough draft was pushed through and considered good enough for now.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
i'm usually down to mock up what people suggest and want to see because i know that this is entertaining for a lot of people and that most people don't have the capability to tweak this stuff. what disappoints me is the viewpoint of some that most of these designs aren't even possible and that photoshop is the only world this stuff can ever live in. it feels to me like the hunger for something new and cool has been there for so long that 'hey, it's not the worst thing ever!' is the bar that has been set as celebration-worthy. i understand that iowa state isn't going to get the same customized treatment from nike as some of the national powerhouse schools, but if black jerseys with white and grey accents is your secret weapon to rile up recruits or signify to the fanbase that you're relevant/current, i'm left feeling like a rough draft was pushed through and considered good enough for now.
You have hit the nail for me. It has always been either diarrheal or constipated design outcomes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron