Iowa -7 vs ISU

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
Second ACL surgery 7 months removed?? I don't know if it is the same knee or not but dang, I would be thinking that would be a sign to give up football and be able to walk normally 30 years down the road. Hope for the best for him.
We had our example of this with Hans Brase this year in bball. Good for Snyder but don’t expect the same player or for him to be available every game. If he starts all year it will be an anomaly.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Second ACL surgery 7 months removed?? I don't know if it is the same knee or not but dang, I would be thinking that would be a sign to give up football and be able to walk normally 30 years down the road. Hope for the best for him.

Yes, same knee.

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
So you think you are on the same level as Ohio State?? You definitely need to get a new grip on reality. I know we beat Okie, but we are nowhere near their level.

Take another stab at that second paragraph. This time pay close attention to the quotation marks.

(Hint: I don't believe anything within those quotation marks)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
So long story short you can drive drunk and risk your life and others around you and not have to miss a game at Iowa. Good to know

Personally, I know better than to throw stones at anyone's disciplinary actions...unless it's something like Nebraska with Lawrence Phillips and the Peters brothers. I think that you can safely ride the high horse there. But overall, off the field stuff happens to everyone. This iowa staff has a decent record of handling players in trouble. So does ISU under Campbell and Rhoads. Like it or not, these things are cyclical and I'm not going to be upset at a kid missing a bowl game vs the first game against a nobody. Remembering what I was like in college, I sure the heck wouldn't want to be in charge of 100+ kids 18-22.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Still can't believe he didn't get suspended for a game for driving drunk. That's a mandatory game missed for football at ISU

Glass houses and all that- Didn’t Peavy get arrested or something and never miss a snap? Released from jail on Thursday, playing on Saturday. That’s some Mark Dantonio stuff right there.

• Funny
Reactions: jdcyclone19

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Glass houses and all that- Didn’t Peavy get arrested or something and never miss a snap? Released from jail on Thursday, playing on Saturday. That’s some Mark Dantonio stuff right there.

All I know is if you get an OWI it's a serious misdemeanor and mandatory one game missed for football and three for basketball

derpyherky

May 11, 2018

That's because it was a simple misdemeanor. Completely different scenario than an OWI where you could have killed someone.

200w.webp

• Agree
Reactions: jdcyclone19

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yes, he got tagged for tagging a bridge.

You do know it is perfectly alright to disagree with certain decisions a coaching staff makes, yet still support them. Of course the opposite is also true. As well as it is OK to admit staffs make some mistakes, whether in words or action; they all do.

Hopefully you can read between the lines of the last sentence of the above paragraph.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You do know it is perfectly alright to disagree with certain decisions a coaching staff makes, yet still support them. Of course the opposite is also true. As well as it is OK to admit staffs make some mistakes, whether in words or action; they all do.

Hopefully you can read between the lines of the last sentence of the above paragraph.

Rhoads letting Gary play was really dumb

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

Didnt he also run from the cops?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Didnt he also run from the cops?

Here's the short version of the real story.

He was with a group of friends at the park. Yes, one of the people there was spray painting, but it wasn't Peavy. One of the people saw the cop car and just yelled run and took off, so everyone did. He was guilty because he ran away in a panic.

• Informative
Reactions: YeahBuddy

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
All I know is if you get an OWI it's a serious misdemeanor and mandatory one game missed for football and three for basketball

So in all your life you have never had what would be considered over the legal limit and drove a motor vehicle? How many people in either Ames or Iowa City on a home game day do you suspect are drinking them down and getting behind the wheel and chancing it? I bet still quite a few and it is dumb.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Here's the short version of the real story.

He was with a group of friends at the park. Yes, one of the people there was spray painting, but it wasn't Peavy. One of the people saw the cop car and just yelled run and took off, so everyone did. He was guilty because he ran away in a panic.

If he was your kid you know you'd drop the hammer even if he supposedly didn't do it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So in all your life you have never had what would be considered over the legal limit and drove a motor vehicle? How many people in either Ames or Iowa City on a home game day do you suspect are drinking them down and getting behind the wheel and chancing it? I bet still quite a few and it is dumb.

I have. Not sure what that has to do with anything though. If I was a student athlete and I got arrested for driving over the legal limit I would expect to miss at least a game

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron