CF is getting its own beer

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I was going to keep it quiet till tomorrow but the brewery is BarnTown. I'm glad you guys are so excited about this. I am too. You guys are all going to have a say in the name/style and we're going to tap it at our annual kickoff party this year. More details coming!

GIF-Christmas-elf-excited-OMG-shocked-GIF.gif

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
For the broadest appeal you should probably go with a 1. lager (similar to Spotted Cow), 2. wheat (similar to Dinky Wheat), or 3. a hazy citrus laden IPA (similar to take your pick),

Reactions: LindenCy

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
If it is only one beer you almost have to go with a fizzy yellow piss beer akin to Budweiser, Coor, busch, pbr etc. That is what will be palatable to the masses. If you choose something with bold flavor (porter, sour, ipa, stout) you can only expect a small percentage of people to like it. Piss beer is what America drinks. I do to, amongst a few ipa's.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If it is only one beer you almost have to go with a fizzy yellow piss beer akin to Budweiser, Coor, busch, pbr etc. That is what will be palatable to the masses. If you choose something with bold flavor (porter, sour, ipa, stout) you can only expect a small percentage of people to like it. Piss beer is what America drinks. I do to, amongst a few ipa's.

There's plenty of middle ground there between 'piss beer' and 'beers that will turn off a large segment no matter what'.

A good red or wheat beer could fit in there.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I like the idea of a red ale. Drinkable and somewhat related to ISU colors. Any clever names for it involving Jack Trice would be cool.