Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
BOOM!

• Infinity War
  • The Avengers
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Black Panther
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Doctor Strange
  • Iron Man
  • Ant-Man
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Thor
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • Iron Man 3
  • Iron Man 2
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • The Incredible Hulk

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.wsj.com/articles/comcas...entury-fox-threatening-disney-deal-1527078344

Apparently, Comcast is really going hard at this thing to outbid Disney for Fox. It will be interesting how it plays out. Just because they make a larger offer than Disney doesn't mean that Fox will accept it, as Comcast had already outbid Disney, yet Murdock opted to go with the Disney bid. In the end, Murdock hasn't been quiet about the fact that he much prefers selling to Disney due to a plethora of reasons. Ultimately, I much prefer Disney buying it for Superhero selfish reasons.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Would love to hear how ChrisMWilliams first comic-con experience went????? Not sure how to link his name on here. Anyone else know?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
https://screenrant.com/howard-duck-lea-thompson-marvel-reboot/

Leah Thompson is apparently pitching a Howard the Duck reboot to Marvel soon. Truthfully, I'd be cool with seeing a new fun reboot in the MCU just to mix things up a bit. I mean, the character is already established in the MCU, so it wouldn't be that hard to just take what we've got and go from there.

Painful times, due to me holding multiple copies of Howard the Duck #1.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
There appear to be 3-front runners to direct the Black Widow stand-alone film. From Deadline:

A little more input on theBlack Widow director search. I hear Cate Shortland, but sources said not to count out Amma Asante (Belle) and Maggie Betts (Novitiate) who round out the top three contenders culled from a field of 49. It was Shortland, Assante and Betts who met recently with Marvel’s Kevin Feige and Scarlett Johansson.​

https://deadline.com/2018/06/black-...male-directors-scarlett-johansson-1202414395/

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Luke Cage: Season 2 drops tomorrow. Anyone planning on watching it right away? Personally, it may be a little while for me beings how so many shows finally drop on streaming services this time of year. Currently, I've got one episode left of Krypton, but dang, here is a long list of the shows that have all dropped lately that I've got to catch up on:

-Black Lightning: Season 1 (7)
-Agents of Shield: Season 5 (9)
-Legion: Season 2 (6)
-The Flash: Season 4 (6)
-Arrow: Season 6 (5)
-Supergirl: Season 3 (5)
-Legends of Tomorrow: Season 3 (2)
-Riverdale: Season 2 (8)
-Luke Cage: Season 2 (8)
-Cobra Kai: Season 1 (7)
-Gotham: Season 3 and 4 (4)

Dang. That is a lot of episodes to watch. It isn't helped along by the fact that probably at least 2/3 of shows drop this time of year. You can probably see why I get less hyped by release dates anymore. Its rather like I've always got a big stack of comics waiting to get caught up on. To make things fun, I ranked on a scale of 1 to 10 in parenthesis how excited I am to watch each series.

Last edited:

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Luke Cage: Season 2 drops tomorrow. Anyone planning on watching it right away? Personally, it may be a little while for me beings how so many shows finally drop on streaming services this time of year. Currently, I've got one episode left of Krypton, but dang, here is a long list of the shows that have all dropped lately that I've got to catch up on:

-Black Lightning: Season 1 (7)
-Agents of Shield: Season 5 (9)
-Legion: Season 2 (6)
-The Flash: Season 4 (6)
-Arrow: Season 6 (5)
-Supergirl: Season 3 (5)
-Legends of Tomorrow: Season 3 (2)
-Riverdale: Season 2 (8)
-Luke Cage: Season 2 (8)
-Cobra Kai: Season 1 (7)
-Gotham: Season 3 and 4 (4)

Dang. That is a lot of episodes to watch. It isn't helped along by the fact that probably at least 2/3 of shows drop this time of year. You can probably see why I get less hyped by release dates anymore. Its rather like I've always got a big stack of comics waiting to get caught up on. To make things fun, I ranked on a scale of 1 to 10 in parenthesis how excited I am to watch each series.
I started legends of tomorrow. Got a couple episodes in and just not interested. Maybe I will give it another shot sometime but it is pretty rough.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The new one so 3 right? The first 2 seasons were pretty up and down. This season just started off bad IMO. Idk if it is just an accumulation thing or what.

Interesting. Good to know. I was alright on Season 1 and really did NOT like Season 2, so it sounds like it isn't getting much better. Again, I'm a (2) anticipation level on this already, so I can't really go too much lower.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Interesting. Good to know. I was alright on Season 1 and really did NOT like Season 2, so it sounds like it isn't getting much better. Again, I'm a (2) anticipation level on this already, so I can't really go too much lower.
I agree with you on Season 1 and 2. To me the first couple episodes of 3 were not an improvement. It is cheesy and the heroes make the DUMBEST decisions.