2018 Cap City League

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hmm, this is a curious comment from Terrance after the CCL game.

@TommyBirch Terrence Lewis: "Our team chemistry is better than last year." Adds: "Last year we weren't really a team." #Cyclones

It’s not curious. It was obvious. I don’t think it was because there were bad guys on the team. But lots of young guys who hadn’t had to be leaders.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

@TommyBirch Terrence Lewis: "Our team chemistry is better than last year." Adds: "Last year we weren't really a team." #Cyclones
It's been said before about last year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why am I not surprised?

I don’t give a **** if he plays. But I admit I’m glad he is here. Obviously the team can bond whenever but you like a group that wants to hang out together. As far as the fans go, playing in in the CCL isn’t a huge deal but it helps.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Too many new guys is big roles combined with losing one of the best leaders the program has ever had (Naz) and other good leaders in Morris and Thomas. Its not too surprising the chemistry wasn't there. Line up changes with the injuries didn't help.

• Agree
Reactions: jsb

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
So I'm sitting and watching the games in my cargo shorts. My thoughts/observations:

Everybody (other than Lard and Weiler-Babb) was in the gym even if they didn't play.

THT is very smooth. I didn't even realize he had over 40 points. His 3 wasn't falling and he was probably trying to be a little to flashy but he looked the part.

Lewis played very well too even though the ball wasn't in his hands nearly as much as THT.

I don't know if Talley has always had a lot of backspin on his shot but it stood out to me. I don't think he'll be shooting many 3s this season. Other than that he ran his team well.

Haliburton definitely seems like a great team guy. He may not play a ton of minutes this season but he'll make the team better.

Jacobson has a nice stroke even though he wasn't hitting a lot of his shots. Rebounding is mostly about effort and he has that.

The play of the night was actually Prince from DMACC catching an opp and dunking over Murphy from Drake.

I was actually really impressed with Locure from North. He definitely looked comfortable making plays and hitting shots. That can't be said for Born from Norwalk.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
THT was very shifty around the rim, definitely a high skill player. I think he is going to be dangerous if he gets the ball around the elbow and squares up to the rim: similar to how Niang dominated if he received the ball near the paint. The crowd was pleased to see the other team let him take off for a between the legs dunk with 10 seconds left in the game.

Not sure if it was just because he was playing against smaller players but Lewis looked stronger than I remembered this winter. He was also scoring at will for the most part.

Griffin obviously wasn't playing but the guy has a legit D1 body already; excited to see what he looks like on the floor.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I was actually really impressed with Locure from North. He definitely looked comfortable making plays and hitting shots. That can't be said for Born from Norwalk.

Will be interesting to see where Locure ends up. Mid major seems most likely but i could see a high major school taking a flyer on him like ISU did back in the day with Tavon sledge or kerwin okoro

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Will be interesting to see where Locure ends up. Mid major seems most likely but i could see a high major school taking a flyer on him like ISU did back in the day with Tavon sledge or kerwin okoro

Okoro was a pretty big recruit IIRC. We beat out some good teams to get him and Sledge I think but don't quote me on that

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron