2018 Cap City League

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
He has an internship in Omaha or KC or something in order to graduate, hence the absence.

I think it’s Topeka. I know I saw some discussion as to whether he would work out in Lawrence.

Wonder if they just want Lard to focus on classes over summer or if he has an injury?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclad

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Drake added a solid grad transfer from UAB. 5-10 pg that put up 7.5 ppg 2.8 rpg 4.9 apg

Also 3 juco kids one of which was a juco all American.
E6C6BF8B-F14E-4A9F-BA39-D4F0E9EE5DF3.jpeg

TBD if he’ll play Cap city but Drake has added some players since Devries got hired. Finally drake realized they can’t rely on the white Iowa hs kids the Hoks didn’t even want.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Lard is working on a wellness program. Must be some things in his life that wants to get straightened out, and that's fantastic news IMO. Lard's mom is thankful that CSP and the rest of the staff are genuinely concerned about his well-being, over and above Lard the athlete. I think it's all good......

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
ISU picks:
Shayock (1), Styer (12)
Wigginton (2), Conditt (11)
THT (3), Griffin (10)
Jacobson (4), Halliburton (9)
Talley (5), Young (8)
Lews (6), Nixson (7)

I was surprised Jacobson went ahead of Talley and Young, and also surprised Young fell to 8. But it's a guards league and Lewis and Nixson can both make shots.

THT and Griffin have the makings of Lob City or Phi Slamma Jamma.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Whoa Marial over Lindell for first pick.

Drafting in that league is probably based on getting guys that are good and you know are going to come to the games. MS most likely broke the scoring record last year because he is good and because he showed up a lot. I have never been to one of these games, but I do remember several guys unhappy that they went to see a game and several of the ISU guys they went to see didn't show up.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
The schedule was adjusted this year to feature mostly Sunday games which, in theory, should mean higher ISU attendance. With new NCAA rules allowing more organized team activities/coach contact time over the summer the week day slots were getting harder for guys to make it to. We'll see.

Should be fun regardless as I for one am exciting to see the new young guys.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Give me Young and Talley. That combo seems sneaky good for being at the back end of the draft. IIRC Talley wasn't with the team yet for Cap City last year. Seems like a spot he could put up points, plus he will be a Shayok light for being able to guard the best ISU player on the other team. Young will physically dominate the other teams other than Jacobsen.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Sunday may work better for the team, but not for me. Looks like I am unlikely to make a single game this summer. :(

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Whoa Marial over Lindell for first pick.

23lh4p.jpg