Bruce Webber can coach

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
They had a good run last year. They return pretty much everything this year. They give Bruce an extension.

Yet I know a ton of Kstate fans that are confused on whether they should hate this move or love it.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
They had a good run last year. They return pretty much everything this year. They give Bruce an extension.

Yet I know a ton of Kstate fans that are confused on whether they should hate this move or love it.

I suppose that if I was a K State fan I'd be OK with it. He's a solid Big 12 coach. And realistically, if you don't keep him around then what coach are you going to get who's not only going to be an upgrade but would also want to stick around for the long haul?

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I suppose that if I was a K State fan I'd be OK with it. He's a solid Big 12 coach. And realistically, if you don't keep him around then what coach are you going to get who's not only going to be an upgrade but would also want to stick around for the long haul?

The general consensus is that Weber is good enough to keep them in the middle of the Big XII with an occasional top 3 year and occasional bottom 3 year. I haven't met one fan that thinks Bruce can put together a team to dethrone their next-door neighbor.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

The timing of it kind of makes it seem like the AD isn’t exactly proud of it.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The general consensus is that Weber is good enough to keep them in the middle of the Big XII with an occasional top 3 year and occasional bottom 3 year. I haven't met one fan that thinks Bruce can put together a team to dethrone their next-door neighbor.

Sure, but as long as Bill Self is in Lawrence then who would they get that could:

a. dethrone KU and
b. stick around on the off chance that he does?

The grass is always greener and all that jazz...

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I haven't met one fan that thinks Bruce can put together a team to dethrone their next-door neighbor.
Ku is on a long run. Thus, you could say that ^^^ about every coach in the league. Weber is presently as close to doing that as anyone before him. And he's the only coach who has a conference share already in-pocket. Those K-State fans you reference must be dues-paying members in the "cult of Frank." Absolutely every K-State fan I know, outside of delusional fools, supports Weber's extension.

http://www.k-statefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4924

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Ku is on a long run. Thus, you could say that ^^^ about every coach in the league. Weber is presently as close to doing that as anyone before him. And he's the only coach who has a conference share already in-pocket. Those K-State fans you reference must be dues-paying members in the "cult of Frank." Absolutely every K-State fan I know, outside of delusional fools, supports Weber's extension.

http://www.k-statefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4924
On paper he will have arguably his best assembled K-State team in 2018-19, and that still likely won't be enough to dethrone KU.

Weber is a decent coach. Just as somebody above said, he's a 4th-7th place finisher with the occasional 2nd and 8th.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
On paper he will have arguably his best assembled K-State team in 2018-19, and that still likely won't be enough to dethrone KU.

Weber is a decent coach. Just as somebody above said, he's a 4th-7th place finisher with the occasional 2nd and 8th.
What does that even mean - "on paper" - is there an "off paper" comparative? Or did you mean the "he can't recruit" or is it "he can't coach" narrative is poppycock?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What does that even mean - "on paper" - is there an "off paper" comparative? Or did you mean the "he can't recruit" or is it "he can't coach" narrative is poppycock?

My guess would be "on paper" means the games still need to be played yet, pretty simple IMO.
Similar to saying ISU should be improved next yr. I believe we should be better next yr probably even a tourney team but the games need to be played before we know. So why are you trying to live up to your name today?

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
http://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=on+paper

EDIT: I know you really do understand what "on paper" means, but if you're going to play dumb, then I guess we should treat you that way.

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Have a snickers, Surly. You get surly when you are hungry.
snickers-candy-bars-127952-ic.jpg

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com

agreed. I'm friends with an ex-K-State player, who thinks he's always been a bad fit.

I joke if Weber were in Iowa City with the same results, Barta would give Weber a lifetime contract

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
"On paper" means I can't bring myself to say it. That applies all the time.
No it doesnt. Look up idioms definition. It means "as planned" or "as expected" having not yet been seen or realized yet. Like "this house looks great on paper".

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He has a losing record against ISU and some of the best gifs ever. I love Bruce and hope he stays at KState forever!

Help Support Us

Become a patron