RIP CF Mobile

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
Still waiting for the pay for ad free option that's supposedly coming.
I'll keep running ublock origin on my browsers and PiHole dns at home until CF becomes a pay for ad free. The patreon thing is cool, but i'm still at risk of viruses from the ads on CF if I contribute. I love the site and all, but it's not worth getting ransomware over.

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
Guys I need URLs to block.

The video at the bottom right of the forum is something I'm testing out this week. It supposedly pays really well so I had no choice but to look into it. I specifically did not put that code on the mobile to keep problems from occurring. That video (with our front page headlines, tried not to be intrusive) only shows up on desktop.

I just wish I could show you guys how hard it is to fund this damn site with the current digital industry. Trust me. I'm way more sick of seeing these threads on here than you are having the issues. Keeping this **** clean and trying to keep the business up and running has essentially taken over my life.

I'll browse the site this evening from home and look at my DNS logs to see what's blocked. If there are some juicy url's, ill post them for you.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I'll keep running ublock origin on my browsers and PiHole dns at home until CF becomes a pay for ad free. The patreon thing is cool, but i'm still at risk of viruses from the ads on CF if I contribute. I love the site and all, but it's not worth getting ransomware over.

To run this I'd need a Linux machine somewhere on my network, correct? You don't have to install a different firmware on your router?

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I’m curious if anyone else has noticed that CF is a huge battery drain on mobile?

I can do a lot of browsing on my iPhone, but CF will draw my battery down wicked fast.

Reactions: CyDude16

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
To run this I'd need a Linux machine somewhere on my network, correct? You don't have to install a different firmware on your router?

I use a Rasberry Pi 3. keeps up with my 100mb internet. There is a learning curve with whitelisting. A faster device like the odroid may be able to keep up with faster services.

L

LincolnWay187

Hey CW, if you could post the podcasts on the Stitcher App, that might drive more downloads for the podcasts at least( as using the website has been tough for the Android people)

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Don't see why this sort of stuff isn't instant permaban..

I mean, I know this isn't a dictatorship or anything, but it's kind of like saying F you straight to your dad's face.

Not sure how that would have gone for the rest of you, but wouldn't have been pretty for me..
Lol message boards. Serious business!!

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
CF is the only website i regularly visit that gives me this problem with ads popping up and crashing safari on my iphone..

I can literally only get on CF from ipad..i no longer ever try from my phone. It is when i got to forums on here usually.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Had another ad this morning pop up and crash Safari. Also, without reading back several pages, why do I now have to log in every time on both mobile and desktop? No longer saving my login/keeping me logged in?

• Winner
Reactions: Cy$

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Had another ad this morning pop up and crash Safari. Also, without reading back several pages, why do I now have to log in every time on both mobile and desktop? No longer saving my login/keeping me logged in?
Same issue here

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron