MLB: ***Official 2018 Milwaukee Brewers Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Swinging the bats well today but, oof, bases loaded & no outs and we get NOTHING out of that. Hope the bullpen holds onto this lead for us.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Every starting position player, including Santana's pinch hit appearance, with at least 1 run scored, 1 hit, and 1 RBI.
Sign me up for that everyday!! I am absolutely loving Aguilar's presence in this offense. And Saladino has been a godsend so far (especially with Arcia's and Sogard's offensive struggles).

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Goddammit Knebel..........
My eldest daughter graduated from HS today, so I didn't catch the game. Looks like I was spared the agony of that 9th inning. Fortunately he had a 2 run lead - maybe, JUST MAYBE, this will convince Counsell to move Jeffress into the closer role.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stormchaser2014

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
My eldest daughter graduated from HS today, so I didn't catch the game. Looks like I was spared the agony of that 9th inning. Fortunately he had a 2 run lead - maybe, JUST MAYBE, this will convince Counsell to move Jeffress into the closer role.
Won't happen because someone's feelings might get hurt.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
The Brewers handled 2 out situations so much better than the Cards yesterday. That's where they won the game. They don't have the most talent in the NL Central but they are far and away the best team right now.

Jose Martinez is a legit MLB hitter and seems like a great guy/teammate, but but as long as he's at 1st base, the defense at that position is waaaay below average.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Wacha owns us...
Yeah. He needs to get chased and then we need to try to "get to" their bullpen. Isn't lookin' too promising at this point. I also agree about Davies. Do you think we make a run at someone like Cole Hamels?