NXT TakeOver: Chicago

Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL

Saturday, June 16 2018 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central

WWE Network

Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Alexa Bliss suffered a legitimate injury during her match with Nia Jax last night. She’s listed as inactive and I’m sure we’ll hear more in the next few days.

(And, because I never learn, I looked at Facebook comments, and of course, the very first comment I was greeted with was “good, she deserved it.” So Alexis Kaufman deserves a real shoulder injury because she plays a bad girl on TV. I have so little faith in humanity anymore)

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Alexa Bliss suffered a legitimate injury during her match with Nia Jax last night. She’s listed as inactive and I’m sure we’ll hear more in the next few days.

(And, because I never learn, I looked at Facebook comments, and of course, the very first comment I was greeted with was “good, she deserved it.” So Alexis Kaufman deserves a real shoulder injury because she plays a bad girl on TV. I have so little faith in humanity anymore)

I commented a couple of times about some of the hits she was taking. Nia was tossing her around like someone who has 150 lbs on her.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Word going around the community is Leati Anoa’i himself is starting to be emotionally beaten down by the booking of his character Roman Reigns. Look at his body language since WrestleMania - he appears disinterested, as if he’s started to just go through the motions. Combine this with several personal acts of “rebellion” - wearing the chain to the ring (which some foolishly suggested might represent a shift in character) and people are really beginning to wonder if the inconsistent start-stop booking and negative fan reaction isn’t starting to wear on him. There were reports that fans were leaving during the match (with fans cheering those fans on with “beat the traffic” cheers), and when cameras would cut to the crowd to show Roman fans celebrating, they had to cut away just as quickly because those same shots showed long lines of fans streaming towards the exits. I can’t take credit for this, but someone else summed Roman Reigns up perfectly: he’s not the next John Cena or Hulk Hogan; he’s the next Lex Luger - the guy Vince wants to carry the company but can’t because they don’t have the personality for it and booking decisions hurt rather than help.

It’s hard for me to sympathize with someone that makes $5 million annually, but in this case I do. Only Vince McMahon would take a marketing and merchandising machine like Roman Reigns and make him so universally hated by the television audience, and I can’t imagine how wearing this has to be on him.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Thought each show was getting a men's and women's MITB match. All the talent on both shows and only 4 men and 4 women from each show will be part of this.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
MITB is such a great storyline booster. Hope WWE doesn't screw the pooch.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Looks like the TakeOver: Chicago 2 card is (almost) set:

Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa in a Chicago Street Fight
Aleister Black (c) vs Lars Sullivan for the NXT Championship
Shayna Baszler (c) vs Nikki Cross for the NXT Women's Championship
Velveteen Dream vs Ricochet
(not set yet, but looks to be the direction:)
Undisputed ERA (Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong) (c) vs Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch for the NXT Tag Team Championship

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Rumors are WWE has signed Toni Storm. There are conflicting reports that she's still under contract with Stardom - a Japanese all women's promotion that people like (I think) Asuka and Kairi Sane have wrestled for - until July. If that's the case, she may have a similar "handshake" agreement that HHH had with Ricochet for several years while he was waiting for the rest of LU Season 3 to be televised so his contract would run out.

If you're not familiar with her, go watch the Mae Young Classic. She was arguably the most impressive performer in that tournament, and probably would have been scripted to win if she were able to sign with WWE last year. She's also all over YouTube.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Really enjoyed the Miz/Jeff Hardy fight on Smackdown this week. Miz has been on his A game lately. The Hardys are a nice shot in the arm to the roster.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't watch much Impact because most of the storylines are garbage, their on-again-off-again relationship with ADR/AEP, and because of 6+ hours of WWE programming Monday-Wednesday I'm burned out on it by Thursday rolls around.

Anyway, I still do keep up with the Knockouts because, at least storyline wise, what Impact does with their women is still far more interesting than what WWE does.

Leading into the point: the last several months Allie (FKA Cherry Bomb on the indies) and Rosemary (the same Rosemary that was part of Decay) have been best friends and part of a team called "Team Demon Bunny" (Rosemary obviously being the Demon Assassin, and Rosemary with her obsession with bunnies). Rosemary has been working awhile now with a bad knee to the point where they had to write her off so she could have surgery on it. This is how they chose to write her off (FYI, the opponent is Su Yung and her army of undead brides):

This was followed by this segment from last night:

Getting a literal demon bunny? 1. Creepy as hell. 2. I'm interested.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Love the London shows. Know everything before hand so you know what garbage is coming your way so you can focus on other things.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Could have done without the Sami Zayn bit last night. WTF?? That was awful to listen to and the crowd really had no idea what he was getting to.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Politics aside, its cool to see the people behind the character sometimes.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So this happened:

(FYI Coach is CM Punk's Twitter handle)

Punk got out-Punked by a sports mascot. Daymn.[/MEDIA]

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Looks like WWE is finally getting their television deals ironed out for the next several years.

Raw looks to be remaining with NBC/Universal (USA). No word on the TV deal yet.

SmackDown looks to be moving to FOX (not FS1, but FOX). FOX plans on moving the show back to Fridays (no word if it will be live or on tape delay). FOX is shelling out serious money for the TV rights: over $1 billion over 5 years. Considering the amount of money FOX is investing, I doubt they'll settle for "B show status".

Word is another party (rumored to be Amazon) put in an offer that was even more lucrative than what FOX offered, but WWE went another way.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...down-heading-to-fox-massive-offer-espn-report

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
There's no way FOX is paying $1 Billion for a taped show. It actually almost works better live as it puts both shows on the same travel schedule

Raw-
Friday-House, Saturday-House, Sunday-House or PPV, Monday-TV

Smackdown-
Friday-TV, Saturday-House, Sunday-House or PPV, Monday-House

Tuesday/Thursday Travel Days and Wednesdays at Home.

I get that there is a lot of money for a lot of these guys but man would that schedule ever suck.