Kids or Pets

Do you:

• Total voters

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
When one of the kids was in fourth grade, his friend Charlie called after school, said he was starving, and mom didn’t buy groceries. Can he ride his bike over for a snack? Not like they were poor, his mom inherited over two million. So he was at our house every day after school for months. And asked if I would bring scotcheroos to one of his birthday parties.

Just this week, come home, there are three teenage boys making sandwiches in my kitchen and none of them were mine.

What the actual crap? Makes me wonder if Charlies mom is a health nut and doesn't allow any yummy snacks or food.

You apparently have the best food in the neighborhood, so you have that going for you, which is nice.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Had dogs my whole life (mostly Labs).God gave us dogs so that we would know about unconditional love. Was never a cat person until I met the vixen, and her cat Jinx. He won me over, I fell in love with him. We had to put him down a couple years ago (he was 17). :( Last year I got tested for allergies, turns out I'm allergic to cats, dogs, cattle, chickens, and deer. But not horses, so the vixen and I are planning on one day each owning a horse. (Hers palomino, mine chestnut.)

Kids - all 5 girls - are gone and on their own. But back in the day, our house was a redemption center for lots of kids that had no (good) place to go. The vixen would have adopted them all, had I let her. But there was never a dull moment. Now? We can't wait for the girls to come home and bring all the grandbabies.
Grandkids are a blessing we enjoy! :)

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
What the actual crap? Makes me wonder if Charlies mom is a health nut and doesn't allow any yummy snacks or food.

You apparently have the best food in the neighborhood, so you have that going for you, which is nice.
If so, wouldn't that make Carvers Charlie's enabler? :p

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

If so, wouldn't that make Carvers Charlie's enabler? :p

Nope, son says Mama Charlie just is a crappy cook. Everthing in the house is processed food or carryout. When he spends a weekend there, he comes home craving anything fresh.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
There needs to be an option for 'none of the above.' I'm allergic to some pets (but not all). I may be allergic to children also.

• Funny
Reactions: FerShizzle

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Currently have two kids and a bearded dragon. It's manageable.

When our first kid was born we had a hairless cat and two dogs. That was way too much for us to handle. And honestly, I think it stressed out the animals and led to an early demise for at least one of them. The cat died of a heart attack on the kid's first birthday, and one of the dogs died of old age less than a year later. The other dog made it several more years before we had to put her down due to health issues.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I have a 1 year old, another baby on the way, 1 dog, and 2 cats, so...

If anyone needs any pets let me know. I have some to spare. One of them doesn't suck, one sucks occasionally, and that ******* dog is going to be the death of me.

Kidding of course. I love my furry friends, but I am anxiously awaiting a life without pets sometime in the distant future. It will be nice to not have to maintain a litter box or walk a dog or whatever else they need.

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
I have two dogs, zero kids. I subscribe to my bestie's rule that I can't have more pets than I have hands, so until I'm married, I can't have any more dogs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron