NFL: 2018 NFL Draft

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I was just going to mention this. This is where only having 10 teams hurts a little. Draft picks are a good selling point for recruiting. The Big 12 hasn’t had a lot of good picks recently and needs to improve in this area
Yep, OU has been recruiting better this last year or two and obviously Texas is coming with Herman now too.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Wish the Vikings would have went offensive line in 1st round. Hughes will do though. Guessing Zimmer has given up on Waynes.
Not Waynes. They like Waynes, and he played well last year. This is a nickel corner. Mackenzie Alexander is the dude whose days are numbered, not Waynes

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Wish the Vikings would have went offensive line in 1st round. Hughes will do though. Guessing Zimmer has given up on Waynes.

Really thought they would go with Hernandez too, but they must think they can get OL talent in the second and third. Hughes was the best talent on the board and a need with Newman not coming back at age 40.
After a rough rookie season, Zimmer likes Waynes and I don't see him going anywhere.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I was just going to mention this. This is where only having 10 teams hurts a little. Draft picks are a good selling point for recruiting. The Big 12 hasn’t had a lot of good picks recently and needs to improve in this area

It hurts me to say it, but it also played a part in how well ISU competed last year.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
I'm extremely happy about the Roquan Smith pick, I was kind of glad Nelson went before the 8th pick, though I've seen reports that the Bears weren't interested in Nelson (I don't believe it, but whatever).

Defense is gonna be legit next year, just get a little more depth in the secondary, and maybe some good OLB depth.

I'd agree with this, but I like Kirk better than Miller (flop city), and I'd take Sweat over Landry, those injuries scare me. Sadly, I'd have to admit I'd take Daniels easily, just for the fact that the team can finally decide where to put Whitehair.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
How funny that the last two years Iowa State Destroyed Patrick Mahomes, a first round draft quarterback and Baker Mayfield. The first pick.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Really thought they would go with Hernandez too, but they must think they can get OL talent in the second and third. Hughes was the best talent on the board and a need with Newman not coming back at age 40.
After a rough rookie season, Zimmer likes Waynes and I don't see him going anywhere.
I don't like the Hughes pick when Hernandez was still available. The o-line sucks and they need to protect their 80+ million dollar QB. Alexander is not very good so we definitely need a corner, but that could have waited until round 2. Very disappointed with the pick.

Cleveland... wow haha. I had them taking a QB ##1 then trading down and getting Fitzpatrick and I thought they could have also traded up to get McGlinchey.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
So they can pick where they want to go instead of getting stuck on the Browns or the Bears. Vikings could draft them too that would be fine
They could pick where they go, but have no guarantee of making a roster. Clones haven't had a player drafted since 2014. We should be rooting for them to be drafted as early as possible (except for the Packers). There's no question in my mind that Allen will get drafted, just a matter of when; With how weak the pool of receivers are in this class I think he has a shot of getting picked today.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyhiphopp

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I don't like the Hughes pick when Hernandez was still available. The o-line sucks and they need to protect their 80+ million dollar QB. Alexander is not very good so we definitely need a corner, but that could have waited until round 2. Very disappointed with the pick.

Cleveland... wow haha. I had them taking a QB ##1 then trading down and getting Fitzpatrick and I thought they could have also traded up to get McGlinchey.

I am looking at the Hughes pick as if he is the replacement for both Sherels (KR/PR) and possibly Waynes or Alexander (@ CB) starting in 2019.I love Sherels, but I think this is his last season in Minnesota as his contract is $1.4 million this season. If Hughes can account for 2 positions (Special Teams and Defense) in 2019 and beyond then this is a win. They better go G/T the rest of the way, though.

Reactions: demoncore1031

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
They could pick where they go, but have no guarantee of making a roster. Clones haven't had a player drafted since 2014. We should be rooting for them to be drafted as early as possible (except for the Packers). There's no question in my mind that Allen will get drafted, just a matter of when; With how weak the pool of receivers are in this class I think he has a shot of getting picked today.

100% this. UDFAs usually get cut by the end of training camp or after preseason games. If Lazard goes in the top 4 rounds of the draft he is guaranteed some money and a decent chace of making the roster. I want him to go to a team I like, but making it into the league and having a chance to show what you can do is the first hurdle. THEN he can show how good of a pro he can be and pick his team with his next contract. Lazard has busted his ass to be an NFL player and deserves whatever he can get.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron