Jazz Musician Bob Dorough dead at 94 & why you should care

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
KEXP (kexp.org) played a bunch of Schoolhouse Rock stuff this morning in honor of this guy. It was fun to hear it again after all these years.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
To this day, I can recite the entire preamble to the constitution because of his song.

When my kids study the constitution, they are amazed that I memorized the entire preamble and that I can still remember it. Then I sing it to them and they just become annoyed.

Schoolhouse Rock was a brilliantly executed series of educational videos and I'm a little bit smarter because of them.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
To this day, I can recite the entire preamble to the constitution because of his song.

When my kids study the constitution, they are amazed that I memorized the entire preamble and that I can still remember it. Then I sing it to them and they just become annoyed.

Schoolhouse Rock was a brilliantly executed series of educational videos and I'm a little bit smarter because of them.

Not Schoolhouse Rock, but if you'll allow me a brief segue: here's one for the Declaration of Independence.

And yes, it helped me memorize a good chunk of the DOI. :D

Reactions: jcyclonee

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I never really got into School House Rock. It always seemed like they were trying to use cartoons to fool me into learning.

Kinda like the oatmeal cookie thing. It's not really a cookie, they're just trying to make me think it's a cookie and trick me into eating something healthier.
vauEUgn.gif