Super Troopers 2 Trailer

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Amen to college memories. Beerfest was quite influential as well. Based on the trailers and interviews with Broken Lizard, they seem like the same fellas. I'll be sure to give a non-spoiler review after I see it tonight.

I watched this movie so many times with Byersdorfer. We were all going to go see it tonight but we are delaying until next Friday since they are out of town. Stupid kids living their dreams.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm a little worried, since it can't be as good as the original, but I still think it will be good. Might be a bit more "over the top" than the original as well.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm a little worried, since it can't be as good as the original, but I still think it will be good. Might be a bit more "over the top" than the original as well.
Everything I'm reading so far is that it is very "over the top" Whether that is good or bad, I guess depends on your sense of humor haha

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

Everything I'm reading so far is that it is very "over the top" Whether that is good or bad, I guess depends on your sense of humor haha

Seriously? You guys are concerned about a Broken Lizard movie being too "over-the-top?"

HlhRL7I.gif

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Seriously? You guys are concerned about a Broken Lizard movie being too "over-the-top?"

HlhRL7I.gif

Not really the "jokes" being over the top. I expect that. But the production might be more over the top if that makes sense.

What made the original work for me was that it was a relatively simple premise and story, with funny as hell jokes and characters.

I'm sure it will be funny, but it will be impossible to match the original I think.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Not really the "jokes" being over the top. I expect that. But the production might be more over the top if that makes sense.

What made the original work for me was that it was a relatively simple premise and story, with funny as hell jokes and characters.

I'm sure it will be funny, but it will be impossible to match the original I think.

You must be jaded by Anchorman 2 and Dumb & Dumber to. ;)

Folks are so hard on comedy sequels. I blame the Police Academy franchise.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
You must be jaded by Anchorman 2 and Dumb & Dumber to. ;)

Folks are so hard on comedy sequels. I blame the Police Academy franchise.

Those sequels did not help. The Hangover series also got worse and worse.

Is there any comedy sequel that is as good or better than the original? I'm trying to think of one.

isu_ce

Oct 14, 2007
How about the worst movie in the world being a sequel? I give you Caddy Shack and Caddy Shack 2.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Raise your hand if you ever chugged syrup as a result of the original? I did pretty well for myself in chug offs.

Anyone? No syrup? Ok, no syrup.

One of my good friends, a few years after we all fell in love with this movie, got married. We all decided to include bottles of syrup with his wedding gifts.

I was proud to learn that mine was the last bottle of syrup they found. I got them a shop-vac, opened it and put the syrup inside the actual shop vac. His wife didn't find it until she had to clean up a spill years later.

They sent out a facebook message when they finally ran out of syrup years later.

• Informative
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron