Friday OT #1 - When You Do What You Do, You Make Me Wanna Shoop

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks to @cyclones500 for the great thread idea!

Are you a morning shower/bather, or evening? Why are you that way - what was your family tradition growing up? Do you always shower, always bathe, a mix?

Reactions: cyclones500

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thanks to @cyclones500 for the great thread idea!

Are you a morning shower/bather, or evening? Why are you that way - what was your family tradition growing up? Do you always shower, always bathe, a mix?
Shower every morning. Shave on average every other day.
I'll skip a Saturday or Sunday shower if I don't have any going out plans. If I know I'm going to be in the garden or mowing for sure I'll skip, then I'll shower at night, with a shower beer of course.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Pretty much shower every morning at some point. If I work out, do yard work that makes me sweaty etc. I will shower again at night. Only once in recent memory have I not showered as we didn't end up leaving the house that day.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I work from home....I'll be the first to admit showering habits have relaxed. I'd say I shower every other day unless I'm about to go meet a client or go out to dinner ect. Can't remember the last time I took a bath.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Shower every morning, as soon as I get up. Otherwise I feel filthy by afternoon. I rarely, if ever, take a bath. Maybe if I have a really bad cold - but I hate lying in my own filth.

And shaving......I can remember in junior high desperately waiting to able to shave, like my dad. Now? Ugh. Hate it. Every other day - and when on vacation, only as the situation dictates.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
morning shower. I need it, or stumble around like a zombie until like 11AM. I'm not a good morning person.

Which is why we work well together in our daily routines. I'm an evening bath. We don't butt heads in the bathroom.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I like morning showers, but with wife and three kids and a job where I can get really dirty, I shower at night most days. The days where I won’t be working, it’s morning showers.

Reactions: Angie

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Since retiring I also admit my hygiene habits are not what they were. Shower at least every other day. Exception was a flea market a couple years ago with no working shower facilities. Four full days. Felt like a crusty hog after wallowing in the mud and then lying in the sun to let it dry.

Shaving is even worse. 2-3 times a week. Sometimes less if I'm being hermit-atious.

Edit. Usually mornings, but really any time of day or night I could be showering.

Used to take hot baths on cold cold days/nights when I just couldn't seem to get warm through to my bones. Now I spend winters in the south. So been a while since I've soaked in the tub.

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
shower every morning, as it helps wake me up. If I go to the gym, there's usually a second shower. Shave when it's a.) not winter and b.) I'm not single.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I actually prefer evening showers because I hate mornings, but going up and showering when I just want to sit on the couch doing nothing sounds stupid, so morning shower it is.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I was always a morning shower kind of person......until I had 2 kids. Over the past 5-6 years, I have become almost exclusively an evening shower person. This saves time in the morning to get the kids ready for school, etc. Also, don't have to worry about the shower waking the kids up before we are ready, since one of their bedrooms is right next to our master bath.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Morning showers during the week, since I get up at the crack of dawn to get my running in. Weekends, usually afternoon on Saturday (morning run, then yardwork after that, then take the kiddo to the park or something), scuzz bucket on Sunday.

Shaving, man, that's probably the main reason I have a beard. I can get away with running the trimmers every 10 days or so, with a quick clean up around the neck 1 or 2 times a week.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Morning shower, because I'm an early-riser workout person. Every day.

Shaving, that's more random. Pits pretty much every day. Legs? Once a week unless it's summertime (which is about three months of the year in Chicago.)

I was also a morning shower person growing up too.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Usually an evening bather when kids are doing homework. That’s when I work out too. Still available if they have questions, but trying to limit distractions. They spend at least three hours a night on homework.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Shower every morning as soon as I get up, no matter what, even if I showered the night before. I don’t remember the last morning I didn’t take one.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Which is why we work well together in our daily routines. I'm an evening bath. We don't butt heads in the bathroom.

As a fellow evening bath, do you drink wine in the bath? We seem to discuss shower beers but not this. Wine for me when it’s the weekend.

• Winner
Reactions: harimad and Angie

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Showers for me. Happier if I shave every other day or so, but I'll get lazy and let it go for a wk or so and then have to cut thru the bramble patch.