***Official 2018 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Shooters are just in such high demand nowadays.

We should have red-shirted Donovan last year. :D

The same is true in the NBA.

The market for big men is comparably depressed.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
One would think but Fran's history suggests it'll end up being a 6'8" 3 star undersized forward.
I would have said a SG to replace Ellinson's 10 minutes but they already are set with Fredrickson.

I am curious if Fran changes course and recruits a grad transfer but, that is out of his comfort zone. Also I am not sure how attractive of a landing place it really is especially if they stubbornly won't move JaBo to SG....

I don't see how Fran could offer a juco or grad transfer the minutes they would want, at least not a quality player. He can offer the 21mpg that Wagner and Ellingson got but I'm guessing Connor or Weiskamp get the majority of those. What transfer is looking for 15-20mpg tops?

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't see how Fran could offer a juco or grad transfer the minutes they would want, at least not a quality player. He can offer the 21mpg that Wagner and Ellingson got but I'm guessing Connor or Weiskamp get the majority of those. What transfer is looking for 15-20mpg tops?

A marginal one that wants to make sure he gets playing time regardless of how good he is? That's been the average target for Fran.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

You're spot on. This exact conundrum is being heavily discussed and also apparently considered by current players on the team. Obviously Bohannon is going to start at the 1/2 and Weiskamp is going to start at the 3, then you got Moss who basically started every game last year and played 25 mins a game, plus now you add in the coach's son who is likely to get a lot of point guard mins. Well that's not exactly the most attractive sell for a grad transfer (or a current sophomore guard on the team who hasn't used their redshirt year).

Reactions: heitclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Is this about bone-in wings vs. boneless (which are not wings, they are nuggets)? I might be getting my offseason threads mixed up.
Gary Larson probably said it best:
boneless-chicken-ranch-far-side-247x300.png

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Not anyone ISU would take a look at but a hit to UNI. Averaged 6.6 ppg. Uni now loses their 1-2-4-7 leading scorers from 2017-18

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We have the first target identified. Marcus Carr
https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Carr-86079

@coreyevans_10 Pitt transfer freshman Marcus Carr has seen interest come in from Texas, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Iowa State, Gonzaga, Xavier, UMass, Marquette and Akron since receiving his release, per source. A top transfer prospect this spring

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I've posted the last 4-5 game stats before and it seems like a pattern that guys who transfer finished their seasons horribly. Carr was 7-35 shooting in his last 4 games including 2-14 from 3. Do you think it's the frustrating end to the season that increased their desire to leave or the mounting frustration and knowledge they were leaving that caused their play to drop? Pitt was so horrible that this may be a bad example.

Cy2Final4

Apr 10, 2006
We have the first target identified. Marcus Carr
https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Carr-86079

@coreyevans_10 Pitt transfer freshman Marcus Carr has seen interest come in from Texas, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Iowa State, Gonzaga, Xavier, UMass, Marquette and Akron since receiving his release, per source. A top transfer prospect this spring
Canadian from Toronto same year as Wigginton

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I've posted the last 4-5 game stats before and it seems like a pattern that guys who transfer finished their seasons horribly. Carr was 7-35 shooting in his last 4 games including 2-14 from 3. Do you think it's the frustrating end to the season that increased their desire to leave or the mounting frustration and knowledge they were leaving that caused their play to drop? Pitt was so horrible that this may be a bad example.
That's very possible. Or it could be that they start forcing bad shots trying to impress people since they know they'll be transferring. Carr shot 82% on free throws, so he has potential to become a good 3P shooter.